+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Dwight follows (without a commercial break for a change). He's singing "I Get A Kick Out Of You". Paul thinks this will be a tough test for Dwight.

His vocal limitations are immediately apparent when he starts singing the song. He's not on key for a lot of the song. He's the weakest of the 4 tonight due to his vocal weaknesses.

Zack - I can see you in a VietNam movie in a cut off shirt but I can't see you as a crooner

Jake - you won't be making records like this valiant effort but not your thing

Farley - you came out like you had a 40 lb bag of flour on each shoulder just relax

Sass - you made such an effort and I really appreciate that.

1-866-9IDOL04

Carly Rae returns with"I Got It Bad & That Ain't Good". My God they've got more make up on her than Whoretta Van Whore wears nightly. She's still singing in that dreadful cutesypoo Barbie voice. She's better than Dwight but just bearly better.

Jake - not since the top 100 have I seen that amount of vulnerability you sold that song

Farley - you don't have to sell you just have to be, that was a fantastic version

Sass - it was like watching someone in a film, I believed you

Zack - no one was more star or a potetntial to be star in that moment that was a killer.

So the judges want Brian & Carly Rae in the final.

JayDee is back with Louis Armstrong's When You're Smiling. Again channelling Elvis. He's in better voice this time though than he was in the last number. He's smiling and now he's jiving with one of the background singers.

Farley - you were believable and did exactly what I'm into, good job man

Sass - born out of a barn door and heading into a race

Zack - you take some ballet lessons and you're going to be a big star good job

Jake - best dancing I've ever seen and you sang it well too, good job

I don't think i'm watching the same show as the judges...that was simply horrible - both Carly Rae and JayDee's. I'm about to give up on Canadian Idol altogether.

Zao

Is it just me or or are these the most boring, ordinary group of contestants ever to exist?

Brian's back with Michael Buble's "Feeling Good". This is a much better performance from Brian. He seems more comfortable singing this song and takes command of the stage. Way to go Brian.

Sass - Bad that was good bad are you going to be charging for real estate on the stage because clearly you own it.

Zack - Mr. Anka was bang on from top to bottom, I see someone who should be wearing the crown and he's wearing a hat right now

Jake - nothing more I can say you own the stage

Farley - if we remove all the stuff that shouldn't truly matter you should stay here until the cows come home.

Is it just me or or are these the most boring, ordinary group of contestants ever to exist?
    No it's not just you I wasn't impressed with most of the Top 10 this year. In their search for edgy and "different" the judges forgot to include people with personalities and true talent.

Dwight closes the show with Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable". Once again from the beginning of the song, he is out of tune and ruining a perfectly good standard. As bad as Carly Rae & JayDee were this is even worse. OMG he closed on the wrong note too.

Zack - you know Rambo you kind of reached out and touched me in your own little way there and I appreciated it

Jake - a valiant effort, he looks great I just don't know if you're going to be here next week.

Farley - you come out here and have fun it's a theme show, just come out and have fun straight up

Sass - singing shminging you look wonderful.

Dwight should go home tomorrow night.

I totally wasted an hour of my life...BORING. I'll be back tomorrow night for some more torture

Don't forget tomorrow the results show's time slot has changed yet again. It's on at 8:00 PM in most time zones (not 7:30 or 9:30 like it has been most of the summer).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast