+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/21 Top 5 The REAL Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 8/21 Top 5 The REAL Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I think that Brian should win hands down, but most of my fav's don't win

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2539406;
    I think it's a foregone conclusion that Jaydee will win. He hasn't had the greatest performances lately, but he does have promise. And the loyalty of country fans (though he's not "exactly" country) could possibly keep him making CDs and selling concert tickets. I hate to compare him to Carrie Underwood, but the potential is there.
    I think Brian is the frontrunner now. He always seemed to be the one that people thought was ok, second or third best. As others go down, Brian is picking up more votes than anyone and Jaydee is picking up very few new voters. Both Greg and Tara recommended Brian as their favourite to get their fans' votes.

As the numbers go down, who people pick after their favourite goes makes more and more of a difference. I just can't see Jaydee picking up any of Matt's fans (or Dwight for that matter).

My prediction:
    1. Brian
    2. Carly
    3. Jaydee
    4. Dwight

That may be a bit optimistic and Jaydee may be in the finals but I don't think he'll win.

I wouldn't be at all sorry if you were right, CdnINXSfan. I've grown to like Brian better, but I do have trouble seeing him as a solo artist.

One thing I definitely do agree with you on, is Dwight being the next to go. The week afterwards is going to be most interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think the real Canadian Idol left a couple weeks ago.I'm losing my interest,though.In the beginning Jaydee charmed me but I've given up on him weeks ago.Of those who are left maybe Brian will win.Hmm,I really don't know.The voting has really surprised me.

First of all welcome to the newbie posters! Thanks for coming out and playing.

I'm batting 0 for 0 this season. I had thought Liam Styles Chang would make it to the end and we all know what happened to Liam. And then I figured Greg had this season tied up for the win and Greg only made it to number 7! I figured Matt would be in the finale but he gets booted last night! I am usually much better at this! Is Canada longing for a young Elvis sounding country star? Shocking as it may be.....
    I personally hope Brian wins this year.

Sofi Papamarko has her review of the results show up on ChartAttack:

Canadian Idol Update: Clarkson Rooted And Rapley Booted

This paragraph made me laugh out loud:

Let it be known that Clarkson is second only to Shakira on my list of guilty pleasures. I love her. She's talented, spunky, grounded and, despite her manufactured beginnings, she's real. She's also living proof that this zany Idol franchise has the potential to create actual stars. (P.S. I grabbed a veggie burger after the show and Ryan Malcolm served me.)

I am sad for Matt. That boy has raw talent. You can't deny that he has got the goods.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2540544;

Let it be known that Clarkson is second only to Shakira on my list of guilty pleasures. I love her. She's talented, spunky, grounded and, despite her manufactured beginnings, she's real. She's also living proof that this zany Idol franchise has the potential to create actual stars. (P.S. I grabbed a veggie burger after the show and Ryan Malcolm served me.)
    And a paragraph like that just makes my blood boil. Really. It makes me very very angry at how Canada treats their own while they slobber over anything American. The media is complicit in it and reinforces those opinions over and over again. Why must we knock our own? The nasty gratuitous comment about Ryan is childish and cruel and ignorant. For one thing, if she wants to have enough credibility in the music business to comment on it, she should at the very least be minimally informed.

Ryan has a second cd out with his new band Low Level Flight that is doing very well as far as Canadian bands go. Perhaps if he got some positive comments and reviews and publicity from Canadian media, he'd do even better. Instead we get nonsensical drivel about any American artist that deigns to visit little ole Canada. If any of the Canadian Idol winners had gotten even a teeny tiny fraction of the publicity and promotion in Canada that American Idols get, they might begin to realize some of the same success because they are all, every single one of them, every bit as talented as anyone that AI has found.

Kelly was fortunate and hit it lucky with one good cd out of three, propelled mainly by a hit Disney song that resulted in massive sales of her cd like any Disney song does which then resulted in the label promoting the hell out of the whole cd and huge airplay and subsequent concert tours. I'm not denying her success and she probably is a good person although there are certainly plenty of stories out there about her not being quite so cute and spunky and grounded as Sofi likes to think, but her music isn't 'all that' as the tanking of her latest cd seems to indicate. Her live performances have gotten very spotty reviews but many people overlook the yelly Kelly problem and gush over anything she does. My point isn't to knock Kelly but to try and say that we have talented singers in Canada who are every bit as good as Kelly but who can't get a fraction of the attention she does. Instead they are knocked at every turn and I find it terribly unfair.

(My rant isn't directed at you, IdolCanadien. You're simply the messenger, posting info that we all mostly enjoy, but the message you brought with you this time set me off! )

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2540709;
    I am sad for Matt. That boy has raw talent. You can't deny that he has got the goods.
    I can. I'm not denying he has raw talent, but he has nowhere near the goods required to make a go of it in the music business yet. He hasn't worked at it, he hasn't tried to develop it, he hasn't trained for it, he's not ready yet. He apparently sang for the first time in public at a Christmas concert last year but has no experience whatsoever in performing publicly for audiences. Perhaps his stint on CI will be the catalyst for him to work at developing his raw talent and he'll learn how to interpret a song and convey the emotion of it to an audience but until then, he's not ready for the big show and I can't get too worked up about him not being on my tv any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2540544;
    Sofi Papamarko has her review of the results show up on ChartAttack:

Canadian Idol Update: Clarkson Rooted And Rapley Booted

Several of our Idol winners just haven't lived up to any potential. I think part of that is being jaded by the talent that seems to have come out of AI and part of it, I really think is Canada picking the wrong winners.
    Lets all cross our fingers it doesn't happen this time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast