+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/21 Top 5 The REAL Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 8/21 Top 5 The REAL Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I agree with you Spenny. JayDee and Dwight should have gone home before Matt.

Next week they have Paul Anka as a special guest. Is he releasing a new SonyBMG CD?

this is my very first post...yup i'm basically a creeper, but now feel compelled to post...is Canada on Crack....i cannot believe that JayDee will remain for another week....i guess it's the teenie boppers who are voting for his cute looks rather than his vocal abilities. If this show was broadcasted in other countries, what a laughing stock we must be in their eyes...geezzz Canada, lets vote for a Canadian Idol with some talent! Enough of my ranting for my first post

Welcome Nancy to the FoRT group. Don't let that be your only post.

IC, your av gave me a helluva jolt when I opened this thread.

Thanks again for posting the early results. I had the show on timer but as Matt is the one gone, I'm going to skip it. How disappointing that he had such a great breakout performance last night and he ends up getting the boot for his trouble.

And to the FORT, itsmenancy 38!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you so much for posting the results - now I don't have to miss any of BB(LOL). I haven't really been happy since they sent Greg home but thanks for voting for Carly Rae! I like her

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2538417;
    IC, your av gave me a helluva jolt when I opened this thread.
    That is exactly what I thought too!!!
    A combination of Carol Channing and Dion Warwick(spelling.spelling. )

Quote Originally Posted by itsmenancy_38;2538306;
    this is my very first post...yup i'm basically a creeper, but now feel compelled to post...is Canada on Crack....i cannot believe that JayDee will remain for another week....i guess it's the teenie boppers who are voting for his cute looks rather than his vocal abilities. If this show was broadcasted in other countries, what a laughing stock we must be in their eyes...geezzz Canada, lets vote for a Canadian Idol with some talent! Enough of my ranting for my first post

I have to agree with you especially on the highlighted parts. Truly embarrasing

And itsmenancy_38...We need more people around here to liven things up....

Quote Originally Posted by Spenny;2538290;
    I knew my 150 votes for Carly Rae weren't put to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by jessesmom;2538767;
    Thank you so much for posting the results - now I don't have to miss any of BB(LOL). I haven't really been happy since they sent Greg home but thanks for voting for Carly Rae! I like her

Also nice to see Spenny and Jessesmom in here shaking things up too...All opinions count for something and if your opinion makes me think harder on my choices, then they are more than welcome...differences in opinion make for an interesting discussion....that's just my humble opinion...and I'm sticking to it. ( you will have to try harder than that though, I still do not like Barbie..a'hem..Carley Rae.)

Unbelieveable. As if my day wasn't bad enough (root canal, why can't the freezing last until it stops hurting? ), I see that Matt was given the boot? That is just wrong! JayDee should have left. If he or Carly Rae win, in my opinion, then CI is a joke. Well a bigger one than this season's turning out to be.

Sandy of the free Metro paper gives her "thoughts" on last night's results show:

Canada sends soulful Idol hopeful home

Well hello people...a little late for my opinion when we are down to the Final 4, but there's no sense coming here, lurking and reading all your comments if Im not going to add a few of my own, correct? Final 4..well, these are NOT the contestants I expected to see at this stage of the game (sorry..show)

Jaydee..well Good God Canada, is this our token Sanjya?..you cant seriously tell me that out of all the deserving singers that auditioned, this Elvis wannabe (darling little man that he is) is the one whose CD you are aching to listen to, whose concert you will wait in line for tickets, who you will sing along with on the radio...come on...!
    Carly Rae...well, I did think Id see her in the Top 5. Top 4 or less, hmmm, not so much, but she IS different and unique and memorable. Not my taste, but not all artists are to my taste, doesnt mean I cant appreciate their talent.

Dwight...well this is the best 'rocker' we could come up with?? "Nuf said.

Brian-a light at the end of the tunnel. Please let him win this thing, because if he doesnt, I might as well just continue to watch the train wreck that is American Idol each season.

I know its a popularity contest, that the best singer may not win, but Id like to think that the collective populus that is Canada, has a bit of class..
    Wow...quite a rant for my first post....sorry....just had to do it!

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Jaydee will win. He hasn't had the greatest performances lately, but he does have promise. And the loyalty of country fans (though he's not "exactly" country) could possibly keep him making CDs and selling concert tickets. I hate to compare him to Carrie Underwood, but the potential is there.

Carly Rae may make it to F2, but I think she's spent far too much time at the bottom of the voting results to pull off a win.

I did end up watching the last few minutes last night - too bad Matt slid back into his standing-still performance mode. He sure sounded great when I closed my eyes, though.

More new posters! to the FORT, LMYLDY!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast