+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/13 Top 6 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/13 Top 6 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Well Stickle...Thanks for joining me tonight... ...I hope that we all had fun

Perhaps you could fill be in on what Farley said about Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2524909;
    I really don't understand what the judges find so terrific in Carly. I find her tone, her technique, her presentation all annoying. :
    Ugh, I totally agree. They constantly rave over her and no one I know gets it! It's so unnecessary.

Glad Matt brought more to the stage tonight. Seems like he won't or at least shouldn't be in the bottom 2.

I keep forgetting about this forum. Why is it on the bottom under shows off the air?

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2525258;
    I keep forgetting about this forum. Why is it on the bottom under shows off the air?
    It's not a show that's "officially" covered in FORT's reality show coverage up top. Plus, it receives substantially less viewers than all the other shows. It was nice of the head FORTers to move this to it's own little forum here!

We're just a small little CI community!

FORT Fanatic

Well, I've seen the show for myself now, and yup, it was as bad as advertised. The only one I kind of liked was Dwight and I'm not generally a fan of his. At least I found his performance entertaining. I don't like Tara either but I didn't find her as bad as the judges did. It was pretty Tara-like. She has some serious limitations but she did not badly within those limitations.

Jaydee was just dreadful. I mean, he's been bad before but this was far beyond awful. And after hearing all the stories I've been hearing about his behaviour, his very appearance is so disingenuous to me. I really really hope he's booted tomorrow but that's not likely to happen as too many people are still taken in by his cuteness.

Matt has a good voice but I think that's one of the reasons I can't get enthused by his performances. He badly needs some voice lessons to teach him how to use that powerful instrument, so when I hear him I just hear all the flaws. He could be so good but he's not. Brian is ok, I guess. I find his intensity off putting. If he could relax a bit and appear as if he enjoyed singing instead of screaming at me, I think I'd be able to relax and enjoy it. And Carly. Well, nuff said upthread.

I just finished watching it as I had to record it last night.

Tara was not as bad as the judges made her out to be but I had difficulty understanding the words she was singing as the band was louder than her when she wasn't singing the chorus. Also the song is so overdone. Every year when the nice weather hits it seems 3 or 4 hundred companies use the song to celebrate the end of winter.

JayDee was horrible again this week. This was a country song so he should have been in his element. I guess he's not really a country singer after all but just a young Elvis imitator. I suspect he won't be going home tonight as he deserved that for the past few weeks and wasn't even in the bottom 2/3.

Matt started off shaky but redeemed himself. He did look comfortable at the piano and also as he walked about the crowd. I don't think he'll win this but he was good enough to stay around another week.

Carly Rae was okay too. I don't really hate her but I don't think she's the greatest star that the judges seem to think she is. She did a credible job with Melissa Etheridge but I don't think it was anywhere near the best version of the song I or Sass Jordan has ever heard.

I enjoyed Brian's performance. He's a real up and down type of performer. Some weeks he misses the mark completely and other weeks he's in the pocket for a hit. I think he was a hit last night. The crowd reaction could be that all of his friends and relatives showed up for the taping from Hamilton or that he picked up a lot of Greg's fans as Greg believes Brian should win the competition.

I usually don't like Dwight but last night I thought he was probably the best performer of all. He looked comfortable on the stage and his singing wasn't nearly as bad as the judges said it was. I would hope that he doesn't go home tonight because this was probably the best performance he's given over the entire run of the show.

Who should go home? JayDee of course but probably Carly Rae or Brian will because they've been bottom 2/3 in the past.

MetroNews has reviews of last night's show by both Sandy echoes the judges opinions while Rick seems to hate everything about the show. Finally a fun read and I truly laughed when he said Dwight was outfitted in "bondage pants".

Pop rock night for last six hopefuls

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2524855;
    Thanks for your recaps of the judge's comments. I'm surprised you thought Jaydee was ok. He's being panned really badly on other boards. And with the additional stuff I've heard about him this week, I know I'm going to dislike him even more than I usually do.

Come on Stickle...give it up...tell what you have heard/read...post a link or PM me with details...I am generally nosey and want the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2524855;
    I'm surprised you thought Jaydee was ok.
    I only thought that he didn't sound too bad...I don't really like him...too fake and phony...perhaps when he is a little older, he will get better.

Idol Canadien...Thank you for posting a more detailed version of the comments from the show last night...I missed a little bit of it when the teenagers here were arguing over something

I will be back in a couple of days to catch up on the threads.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004;2525510;
    Come on Stickle...give it up...tell what you have heard/read...post a link or PM me with details...I am generally nosey and want the scoop..
    I imagine some of the stories will come out (and they have been discussed a bit on a number of other forums) but I'll just say that the stories I've heard have come from several completely different sources so it's not just one person dishing dirt. It goes beyond just a 16 year old acting immaturely. And 19E must be getting very nervous about the possibility of him winning as the first four winners were/are really good people and they represented the Idol name honourably. (I've pm'd you. )

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2526019;
    I imagine some of the stories will come out (and they have been discussed a bit on a number of other forums) but I'll just say that the stories I've heard have come from several completely different sources so it's not just one person dishing dirt. It goes beyond just a 16 year old acting immaturely. And 19E must be getting very nervous about the possibility of him winning as the first four winners were/are really good people and they represented the Idol name honourably. (I've pm'd you. )
    Hey! No fair.....you can't just tease like that and not tell! What's going on? Inquiring minds and all that.....
    Last edited by Trynity; 08-14-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Sofi Papamarko of ChartAttack.com is hilarious with her review of Pop/Rock night. Check it out and have a laugh or 6.

Canadian Idol Update: Pop Goes The Idol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123