+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/7 Top 7 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 8/7 Top 7 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

His name was Shane AJANE...season 2, also from Abbordsford like Jacob Hoggard and Greg. Wasn't Karen Lee from season 1 from there as well? Town is blessed with talent, but cursed on CI....
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

His name was Shane AJane...season 2, also from Abbordsford like Jacob Hoggard and Greg. Wasn't Karen Lee from season 1 from there as well? Town is blessed with talent, but cursed on CI....
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

Much is being made, by some of the local and Canadian media, that Ben was uncharacteristically vocal about his disappointment over Greg's booting. Since I didn't watch, I don't know one way or another. Was Ben really upset about it?

I would say he was shocked then a bit disappointed. He did say Canada got it wrong this time. I don't think what he did was wrong for TV but it couldn't have made the other 6 feel good when the host says the person voted off shouldn't be the one going. The uproar is mostly I think, because Ben is so bland most of the time that it's shocking to anyone that he even has an opinion much less actually states it.

The MetroNews take on the results is surprisingly mostly factual with quotes from Greg rather than Sandy's cloying Up With Idol reportage.

Elimination a shock for Neufeld

Sofia at ChartAttack actually critiques the show and wonders how she could be so wrong the night before on stating who would be going home.

Canadian Idol Shocker: Greg Neufeld Bites The Dust

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2513342;
    I would say he was shocked then a bit disappointed. He did say Canada got it wrong this time. I don't think what he did was wrong for TV but it couldn't have made the other 6 feel good when the host says the person voted off shouldn't be the one going. The uproar is mostly I think, because Ben is so bland most of the time that it's shocking to anyone that he even has an opinion much less actually states it.
    I think you could be right, about Ben being so bland his comment did rattle a lot of people. Most of the 'outrage' is from people who are fans of the six that are left, who feel that their favourite was somehow dissed by Ben's comment but I'm pretty sure that if you asked those six they'd all say they were completely shocked too. Have you seen the after show picture of the Top 6? They all look like extremely unhappy. Not that any of them would want to give up their spot to let Greg back into the competition, I'm sure, but it certainly was a shocker to see him booted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234