+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/7 Top 7 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: 8/7 Top 7 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I thought he was awful so good riddance. We Are The Champions never gets a good reception when an Idol sings it. He was doomed from the start.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes;2510397;
    AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! WTF was that?? I can't believe Greg got kicked off. As much as I don't like Carly Rae...no way were she, Brian and Greg deserving to be in the bottom 3 !! Poor Greg, dude looked so upset, like he was trying not to cry. Were all his friends out drinking again?? Ben and the judges looked so shocked. What happened...seriously...do you think someone screwed up the numbers. I mean...he's never been in the bottom 3, both Carly and Brian have. Boy, the East coast has some powerful voting blocks. I'm really disappointed, I was getting to look forward to the show again, that hasn't happened since season 2. Sigh...venting over.
    No kidding! Absolutely the most ridiculous results of all the CI seasons. Not just Greg leaving but those three being in the bottom while those others sat on the couch. The only possibly teeny tiny benefit that may come out of this is TPTB realizing how completely screwed up their voting system is and doing something about it. I really can't believe it.

FORT Newbie

I'm stunned. I never vote and last night I tried for almost 2 hours to vote for Greg and it was busy the whole time... I don't know what happened, I thought he would win it. The one advantage is that previous Canadian Idols haven't had a lot of luck... this could actually be beneficial to him...

Glad Matt was safe, but darn, can't believe that Greg was booted. Carly Rae definitely should have gone.

Wow, shocking results. I thought they were the top 3 as well, with Brian being my favourite followed by Greg then Carly Rae. I'm not a fan of Carly Rae's at all (but thought she did a decent job with Killer Queen). I thought Greg has done well in this competition and thought he would be safe till the very end. <sigh> Regional voting strikes again!

FORT Newbie

Canadian Idol is a joke. Regional voting ruins this show. How is Dwight still there? Jaydee? Sweet kid, definitely talented, but if I have to hear him sing Maroon 5 as Elvis I think I'll throw up. His act is more annoying than Pickler. Matt has a great voice, but the personality of wallpaper paste. We will never hear about him again once this show is over. Tara, great job last night, but honestly, she doesn't deserve to be in the Top10. I've seen better Karaoke singers. Can anybody honestly say the three worst singers were in the bottom 3? If I were a talented singer from BC, I would never try out for this show, you are doomed from the start. I would lie and say I am from a small fishing village in Labrador.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shylynn;2510591;
    I'm stunned. I never vote and last night I tried for almost 2 hours to vote for Greg and it was busy the whole time... I don't know what happened, I thought he would win it. The one advantage is that previous Canadian Idols haven't had a lot of luck... this could actually be beneficial to him...
    Boy I get tired of people saying things like this. Previous Cdn Idols have done very very well when compared to other Canadian artists who haven't had international exposure. No they haven't become as famous as American Idols but that's because they don't get even a teeny smidgen of the same publicity and promotion as AI's. Make a valid comparison to Canadians rather than Americans and the CI's come out looking very good with gold and platinum cd's sold, multiple songs high on the airplay charts for weeks on end, concert tours from coast to coast (Kalan sold out 65+ dates and the year he was touring, only Avril Lavigne sold more concert tickets than he did). The average Canadian artist sells 5-10,000 cd's, the CI's have all sold a minimum of 50,000 (Kalan sold 200,000).

And there's a ridiculous myth out there that people are better off not winning CI and being able to pick and choose a label to sign with. Hah! Two, only two, CI non-winners has had a platinum cd and that's Jacob Hoggard and Rex Goudie, both of whom signed with major labels. Rex put out a second cd which tanked, Jacob's second is supposed to be released this fall and we'll see how that does. Kalan's second cd is due out this month and his first single off it is doing extremely well.

So how losing out in the 7th spot could possibly be beneficial to Greg or give him some kind of advantage, I have no idea.

(Sorry, please don't take my rant personally, but I get so tired of the misinformation that's constantly spread about previous CI contestants, and I'm very cranky about Greg being booted.)

FORT Fan

So glad Greg is gone!

Something crazy would have to happen for Carly not to win now. Those two were the ajoint favorites.

It looked like a lot of Greg fans were switching allegiences to Brian so I still have my hopes that Brian will get past this. I think Brian, Carly and Greg were the top 3 though I personally probably prefer Dwight to Greg (I don't think Dwight is more talented, I just like his style better).

None of those three deserved to be in the bottom 3. It's funny that when the top 3 was the bottom 3 in AI3 it was the top 7 as well. The ones who deserved to go went home fairly quickly after that though (well at least some of the ones who should have gone home).

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2510435;
    I thought he was awful so good riddance. We Are The Champions never gets a good reception when an Idol sings it. He was doomed from the start.
    I really hated his version of Champions. He seems like a very nice guy, but he reminds me of that other contestant from BC - damn, can't remember his name but I do recall his Darkness cover of "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" - good enough voice, good enough looks, but nothing quite good enough to make him the winner.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast