+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 31 Top 8 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: July 31 Top 8 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I felt quite bad for Martha Joy last night. It's so easy to forget how young many of these contestants are...I wasn't a fan of hers, but I wanted to go give her a hug. The support she got from the audience was very nice to see, though.

I admit I'm getting bored of this season already. I want to like Brian - I've liked all his song choices thus far - but I'm having a hard time imagining him as a successful solo artist. I see him more as fronting a band.

The most interesting contestant for me is Jaydee - I'm no fan of country music but I've always thought he has that "star quality" thing. (I felt the same way about Carrie Underwood.) We haven't had a country singer win CI yet, and if we must have one then it may as well be him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes;2498739;
    So much for the judges saying the female were really strong this year. Thats okay, it's time for a boy to win.

I can't believe that the judges said that. In comparison to the guys, the girls have been consistently weak overall. I honestly believe this is the weakest group of girls and perhaps the stronger group of guys overall.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;2498827;
    Matt might if he pulls out two more Whipping Post caliber showings but I think that's a real long shot.
    Might not be an easy task next week as they are covering "Queen"

If he is lucky enough to get a good song for his voice....I hope that he does a great job and stays out of the bottom 2..3..1 ??? I would like to see him stay around for a while.

BTW nice to see some action on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004;2498091;
    IDOL CANADIEN

WHERE ARE YOU

Have you seen how bad these last two threads are?

WE NEED YOU!!!!
    I'm back. I was in the hospital having a shattered left foot reconstructed. I'm laid up so I shouldn't be straying too far from my couch, TV and laptop!

Oh and Scotty the threads were great you are a great recapper (I didn't see the last two weeks shows). Damn I missed Matt's one great performance. Hope he's gonna bring it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2500609;
    I'm back. I was in the hospital having a shattered left foot reconstructed. I'm laid up so I shouldn't be straying too far from my couch, TV and laptop!

Oh and Scotty the threads were great you are a great recapper (I didn't see the last two weeks shows). Damn I missed Matt's one great performance. Hope he's gonna bring it this week.
    Welcome back IdolCanadien!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2500609;

Damn I missed Matt's one great performance. Hope he's gonna bring it this week.
    Sorry to hear about the foot Idol Canadien Great to have you back.

I can't even imagin what could have caused a shattered foot...probably something very traumatic. I hope that your sergery went well.

I am sorry that you missed that performance Matt gave and I hope that it is not the only one he has in him. We are loking at Queen next Monday...I have to check on a list of their songs to see if I can guess what he will do, or could do.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards next week. Take care

FORT Fanatic

Ouch, sorry about the foot IdolCanadien but glad you're back now.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    The most interesting contestant for me is Jaydee - I'm no fan of country music but I've always thought he has that "star quality" thing. (I felt the same way about Carrie Underwood.) We haven't had a country singer win CI yet, and if we must have one then it may as well be him.
    Don't get too attached to Jaydee, AJane. I've heard some things. *cough*cough*

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2508446;

Don't get too attached to Jaydee, AJane. I've heard some things. *cough*cough*

O.K. Stickle...don't leave us hanging...cough it up.....we won't tell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123