+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 30 top 8 performances show discussion show/spoilers

Re: July 30 top 8 performances show discussion show/spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2496047;
    The judges comments for Matt seem to indicate they didn't think that he did as well as they wanted. Is that a true assessment?
    Yes, that's a true assessment. Matt did not have the "WOW" factor like he did last week. Unfortunately, Matt was not very memorable this week. I think he has potential though.

In an overall assessment for those who watched, who would you put in the bottom 2/3?

Scotty, thanks for your comments! I missed reading and commenting on last weeks shows. And yes, thank you to Idol Canadien for doing this week after week during all the previous shows and I do hope IC comes back!

Predictions for the bottom 3?
    Dwight
    Tara
    Martha (safe)

with Dwight going home.

I really liked Dwight in the beginning, but I really felt like he slipped fast and hard. So that won't be such a big boot. Unless of course, it's a surprise elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2496607;
    I really liked Dwight in the beginning, but I really felt like he slipped fast and hard. So that won't be such a big boot. Unless of course, it's a surprise elimination.
    To be honest, the only ones that would be a surprise elimination for me would be Greg, Jaydee ( I think he has a lot of fans) and Matt. Any of the others could go and it wouldn't surprise or bother me one bit. I was a huge fan of Liam's and I liked Tyler as well so I'm not totally invested in this year's top 10 show but I am watching out of curiosity to see who wins this year. I don't get the fuss over Carly, although the judes seem to love her. I thought her best performance was her solo when they were picking the top 20. I quite like Brian Melo but I think his song choices need improvement and I don't think he has a huge fan base.

My top 3 were Brian, Carly and Greg. I love Brian!

My bottom 3 were Jaydee, Martha and Matt. Martha and Matt did ok for them. They aren't my cup of tea so they'll probably be b3 for me most of the time. (I missed last week, I would have liked to see Matt's Whipping Post. It sounds like the kind of song that could change my mind). I usually don't mind Jaydee but this week the twang was pretentious and uncalled for.

I think Martha's going home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123