+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 Top 10 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/17 Top 10 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 12:30 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 7/17 Top 10 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Order of performances tonight:

1. Dwight D'Eon
    2. Khalila G
    3. Carly Rae Jepsen
    4. Brian Melo
    5. Mila Miller
    6. JayDee Bixby
    7. Greg Neufeld
    8. Martha Joy
    9. Tara Oram
    10. Matt Rapley

Dwight's been a fisherman for 9 years and his clip shoes him on the boat catching lobster (hmmmm LOBSTER). He is singing Unwell (Matchbox 20). He's standing on stage in a leather strait jacket wait no it's just his leather jacket. I didn't think a lobster fisherman would be into the downtown leather scene

Wasn't horrible but it wasn't great and it was on the boring side in my opinion.

Jake - interesting you did 2 Matchbox 20 songs in a row. I'd like you to be more interesting next time

Farley - a little more ready for the Top 10 than you were for the Top 22

Sass - should have sang it better

Zack - song is harder to sing than you think, people see the growth curve you're on, people see you're a rock star and you should continue to be it.

1-866-9IDOL01
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 07-17-2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: adding the 1-866-9IDOL01

Khalila G works in a daycare centre. She is "blessed" to watch the children grow. She is making her family come together and they haven't done that before as they were split apart but now they're closer than they ever have been before.

She is singing Roberta Flack's Killing Me Softly With His Song. She sings it well but she's boring tonight too. Nothing to make her stand out from the crowd and I think she needs to separate herself from especially Mila and Martha who sing similar types of song..

Farley - there was a wake to your voice that I like you sang with intensity and control

Sass - really nice

Zack - is nice enough, it was mature it was nice but nothing to make you wake up in the morning and go WOW

Jake - good enough to keep you another week but you need to put more emotion into it

FORT Fanatic

I'm here, IdolCanadien, and appreciating your play by play. I won't see it for a couple of hours yet.
    Dwight's been a fisherman for 9 years and his clip shoes him on the boat catching lobster (hmmmm LOBSTER). He is singing Unwell (Matchbox 20).
    Riigghhtt. I've read on other boards that Dwight hasn't been a fisherman for years. He's been working fulltime with his music and his band for quite awhile, but I guess an unsuccessful band doesn't make as good a video story as a lobster fisherman.
    Khalila G works in a daycare centre. She is "blessed" to watch the children grow.
    Oh lordie. Another Brandie (remember season 2?) who loves the chirrun. She didn't last long on the show either!

FORT Fanatic

Wow. Fancy new colours on the board!

Carly Rae writes her own song. She's representing Mission BC and wants them to be proud of her. She loves them to death.

She is singing The BeeGee's Inside And Out. She wasn't as boring as Dwight & Khalila but she left me wanting something more too. I don't think this was her best performance.

Sass - that was so cool, that was like a 60's James Bond Petula Clark downtown I love that

Zack - I didn't get it it just seems you were short on energy and I didn't dig it kid

Jake - just didn't seem to have any dynamic that it needs, I like when you sing with emotion and that song didn't show that

Farley - I can applaud the effort and I agree with Jake about the lack of emotion.

1-866-9IDOL03

Brian tells us Hamilton is a great place to live. He's been with his band for 4 years. He loves the support back at home and he feels truly "blessed" too. His sister says he's genuine and that Canada is going to love him. He wants to be Canada's next Canadian Idol.

He sings If You Could Only See by Tonic. I don't know the original song so whether he's as good as or is killing the song as compared to the original I have no idea. He sounded good to me and wasn't as boring as the first 3 but still no real WOW factor.

Zack - good job Brian, you chopped the intro and you jumped in and had some rock star moments, don't aimlessly wander the stage go for it

Jake - happy you picked that song you had a chance to sing it before all these people you did a great job man

Farley - nervousness to be expected, you're one of the better singers in the competition.

Sass - really enjoyed it some major intensity in the song and I was really happy to see that.

1-866-9IDOL04

FORT Fanatic

So Rhianna isn't mentoring the Idols? Guess she's just there to sing tomorrow night. Sony BMG must be her label.

Boy, sounds like a pretty slow night so far.

Mila also has the support of her family. She's featured at Canada's Wonderland because she's a rollercoaster freak. She's going to show us her character and true personality.

She's singing Stevie Wonder's Signed Sealed Delivered. She's not bad with this overdone song. I was hoping we could be Stevie Wonder free tonight. I don't think this performance is up to what she's capable of.

Jake - well Stevie Wonder tough to sing didn't do it well came off as karaoke you didn't own it

Farley - I didn't get the sense it was a competitive performance

Sass - you sang it good but it was alittle safe

Zack - you sang it very well the bottom line is you got to the Top 10 to win not to sing at a Bar Mitzvah

1-866-9IDOL05

Boy, sounds like a pretty slow night so far.
    Yeah it's going to be a long night at 90 mins and no one is standing out as being really really good so far. They're all rather meh to be honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast