+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 Top 10 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/17 Top 10 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2478897;
    Yeah it's going to be a long night at 90 mins and no one is standing out as being really really good so far. They're all rather meh to be honest.
    I'm getting the feeling it's going to be a long year.

I've watched every single show of every single CI year. This might finally be the year I miss a few.

JayDee welcomes us to Drumheller Alberta the dinosaur capitol of the world. Drumheller has supported him 110%. He's been telling friends since he was 5 years old that he was going to be famous. He wants this so bad and is as happy to be here as Canada is to have him.

He's singing Only Make Believe the old Conway Twitty classic. I remember hearing this song at my grandparents' when I was a little kid and I must say JayDee is singing it really well. He may not have a real WOW factor but he was sure entertaining tonight. The best so far

Farley - that was a fantastic performance you're going to be one of the most famous people on the planet

Sass - it's like you've been transported from another decade are you for real?

Zack - how long did you get off your horse the way you walk around? If Michael Buble was on the show could he win, you're the Michael Buble of retro-country

Jake - a little awkward in your movements, but from the waist up, it reminds me of we're seeing the next Bobby Darin the first electric performance of the night.

1-866-9IDOL06

FORT Fanatic

I'm revealing my age when I say that I remember It's Only Make Believe well and absolutely LOVE that song. So at least it's encouraging to hear Jaydee didn't butcher it. I'm not sure about him fitting into this show though. Sounds like he's building a very sturdy box for himself and isn't about to climb out of it anytime soon, even on a week that supposedly is Rhianna oriented.

Dave Kerr does a product placement spot for Telus. Dave may have been funny at one time but I've yet to even crack a tiny smile at anything he's done so far on CI5. Get rid of him and bring back Jon Dore (& his Ford).

Greg's parents hope he gets to make a living making music. His brother says he gets more carpentry work done when Greg isn't there. He wants to represent Abbottsford and show them what he can do.

He's singing the Killers All These Things. It's okay but I'm not crazy about the song and Greg's looking a little strange up there. Not my favourite of his performances.

Sass - I like that a lot and broke out of the usual of what you've been doing lately you delivered it

Zack - you broke out of stuff you should be doing into something you shouldn't be doing it was like chalk on a board

Jake - intensity you delivered that performance you've never delivered before another highlight of the night

Farley - JayDee was the fighter and you were the opponent who came out and took the title back.

1-866-9IDOL07

Martha Joy at home with her parents and her little brother.

She's singing Celine's The Power Of Love. I don't know why she chose another Celine song. I guess he figured she got into the top 10 with her so why not another. Like last week she's technically good and she's trying to put some emotion into it. I just hate the song so much though.

Zack - this is one of the weirdest nights, that was a really really strong vocal performance you're definitely the best singer here

Jake - the arrangement of that song was deliberate and slow and it felt like you were milking it and you got to be careful not to milk those songs

Farley - I'm convinced of your skill set, you are undeniably amazing.

Sass - you sing really well for someone who's 16.

1-866-9IDOL08

Tara Oram who's lived in Toronto for at least the past 4 years is back in Nfld for her little Olympic moment video. Her parents are supportive. Her mother is really young looking more like her sister than her mother.

She sings Shania's You Win My Love. I am not impressed with her and haven't been since the first week of the Top 18 but tonight she was better tonight than she's been all year.

Jake - a little predictable, the best performance you've given this year

Farley - you pushed a little harder than before and a lot of women in this country would aspire to be you that's the star quality

Sass - strong performance

Zack - are some limitations in your range but you use them like cutting off the note, that was the first time since the 22 started that I actually dug you.

1-866-9IDOL09

FORT Fanatic

There's just something with Martha that doesn't connect. No doubt she has a good voice but at 16, she hasn't begun to learn how to use it for entertaining instead of just for singing. I get the feeling she's so pleased with herself to hit all the right notes she doesn't even realize that there's so much more to singing than that. She's got to feel the words and the emotions and make me feel them too and she hasn't got a clue how to go about doing that.

She'll be around for awhile though. Lots of reports about how the Filipino community is organizing right across Canada to vote for her. They've sent memos and emails to all the cultural centres and churches and said that out of the 250,000 Filipinos in Canada, if they can get 10%, or 25,000 of them, to vote 100 times each, they'll have two and a half million votes for her every week and nobody else will have a chance. I don't know if they'll meet those goals, but I have no doubt they'll get a ton of them based simply on her race and ethnicity. Boo!

FORT Fanatic

Tara Oram who's lived in Toronto for at least the past 4 years is back in Nfld for her little Olympic moment video.
    And she lived longer than that in Brampton. She hasn't lived in Nfld since she was 12!! But she sure is milking those Newfie votes.

Before Matt there is a promo for Rhianna who's going to sing on tomorrow's night show.

Matt Rapley is home in Regina. His father is a pastor so he started singing in church. He was first known because of his father but now his father is known because of him. He seemed touched by the reception they had for him. He's honoured and privileged (but not "blessed) to represent Regina on Idol.

He is supposed to sing Marvin Gaye's version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine. The only thing is it's the Gladys Knight arrangement that started playing and that he's singing. It's nice to see Matt sing something up beat for a change. He's got a good R&B voice and he's more animated on stage tonight. A much better effort on his part.

Farley - nice energetic performance, you've shown a different side of yourself

Sass - the Gladys Knight version I loved it, you're a glider

Zack - it was a good performance next week do something cool

Jake - you relate to those kinds of songs for a top 10 show you need to be a little safe but I didn't get a lot of vibe from it.

1-866-9IDOL10

My ranking of tonight's performances:

1. JayDee
    2. Greg
    3. Tara
    4. Matt
    5. Martha
    6. Khalila
    7. Carly Rae
    8. Brian
    9. Mila