+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/10 Top 14 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/10 Top 14 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 7/10 Top 14 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

The order they'll sing in tonight:

Annika Odegard
    Khalila Glannville
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Tara Oram
    Montana Iles
    Martha Joy
    Mila Miller

Annika feels the judges have a misconception about what she likes to sing. She does like to sing Joss Stone and would put that on her record. She said she hasn't impressed the judges but she has impressed Canada (not this Canadian she hasn't).
    She's singing and playing the piano tonight. She's singing Ordinary Day by Vanessa Carlton. She is pleasant but I'm not a fan and wouldn't mind if she went home tonight.

Jake - big smile on my face, that's the woman, the young girl we saw in her audition, natural and everything we thought you should be

Farley - Rapunzel you finally let down you hair, it was a good performance

Sass - you by far trumped anything you've done on this program so far

Zack - the things you did on other nights was wrong but what you did tonight was right

1-866-9IDOL01
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 07-10-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Khalila says being in the bottom 4 challenged her to do better. She said being in the Top 10 would make her happy, her life happy and her family happy. I don't know the song she's singing and she's okay but if she really wants the Top 10 she's not going for it like I would have thought she would.

Farley - definitely an element of risk and you pushed more than you did in the past two weeks

Sass - I think you're lovely, you're a lovely singer but I get no WOW factor from that

Zack - trying there to hit a home run, it's important to you, tremendous amount of growth, I would love to have you in the Top 10

Jake - I thought a couple moments you were a little off for me mostly real strong and you look great tonight.

1-866-9IDOL02

Carly Rae says the comment about singing songs you'd put on your album hit home for her. Tonight she's doing a song she loves. She sings Waiting In Vain by Annie Lennox. Not her greatest but probably more than enough to keep her in the Top 10.

Sass - I thought it was alovely vulnerable performance some of the notes were a little off but it doesn't matter

Zack - there are maybe 2 people that I said you and me let's go record deal and you're one, you're a star

Jake - a bit shaky but when you stepped out and showed it was your show you're the star tonight and you lived up to it

Farley - even when the moment might be shaky you style it back and I really like that

1-866-9IDOL03

Tara wants to bring energy and if it's her last she wants it to be the best performance. She sings Martina McBrides When God Fearing Women Get The Blues. I'm not a country fan and I don't get the allure of all this. She was okay but I wouldn't vote for her.

Zack - great energy, nice smile and you put it out and I find it average and I don't think it's good enough

Jake - there was some physicality to the performance this is the kind of country singer you are more Gretchen Wilson

Farley - you look so athletic, you can bring so much energy to your performance it would blow up so much more, it was good vocally

Sass - I didn't think your singing was fantastic but your confidence on the stage was great.

1-866-9IDOL04

Montana shouts out to her Dad and exclaims to him that she's on TV. She has to choose a song that means something to her and she thinks in this competition she can break the rules. She's singing Alanis' Ironic and this song shows how weak her vocals are compared to her "performance" talents. She's playing guitar and standing at the mic. I don't think she is much of a singer but I'm sure the teen voters will put her through.

Jake - vocally it could have been a little better it was nice to hear the melody, nice to see you with the guitar, you should be in the Top 10 you're a star

Farley - not sold on the vocal but you have a presence

Sass - you stepped up to the plate and you actually sang, I didn't even know you could do that, you had wicked clunker note at the beginning and after that it was all good

Zack - I think you're a star, I'm very honoured you're apart of the show and if anyone doesn't think you should sing with an accent have them look at Julio Iglesias

1-866-9IDOL05

Martha boasts she can sing in 6 languages at Ben's urging. She says she's been listening to the judges and taking their criticisms and using them to improve. She sings Celine's That's The Way It Is. I'm not a fan of Celine either or her songs. Martha is doing better in the performance area tonight. Better than the last 2 weeks and since she's never been bottom 4 yet probably enough to put her in the Top 10. (Go Team Toronto! )

Farley - improving tonight in the right way, you emanated joy, you pushed yourself that was great

Sass - that was a little bit more animated but I still think.....

Zack - it was a very sophisticated performance I didn't get as much fun as you did but then it's Celine

Jake - the last half of that song is one of the best things I've seen this year, that kills it's really good

1-866-9IDOL06

Mila also believes in song choice and she really wants to be here and be in the Top 10. She is going to show Canada she should be in the Top 10. She's singing Amy Winehouse's Rehab. She's on top of the piano and stretched out. It was okay but I prefer Amy Winehouse.

Sass - you're one of my favourites, that was a really good imitation. you got this sense of humour that I love

Zack - I'm glad someone did a song not written in 1937. You have a great star power and the girls have kicked some serious **(^^.

Jake - love your sense of humour love your sassiness when you sing that song, you took over that song and made it yours, you should definitely be in the Top 10

Farley - there's an element of novelty to Winehouse and it's pedigree when you sing it ..... soul.

1-866-9IDOL07

My rating of the girls tonight:

1. Carly Rae Jepsen
    2. Mila Miller
    3. Khalila Glannville
    4. Martha Joy
    5. Montana Iles
    6. Annika Odegard
    7. Tara Oram

While no one was horrible like other weeks no one really stood out as great to me either. They're just a group of pretty boring okay female singers this year. It won't matter much which 5 go on to the Top 10 none of the girls (despite the judges' comments) are really stars in my eyes.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks IdolCanadien!! I haven't seen the show yet but I see on other boards people are saying it was pretty good, better than last week anyway. None of the girls has particularly caught my eye up to this point. Maybe tonight will be different.

FORT Newbie

I guess you have be either a psycho, or a pretend cutsie to get anywhere on this show, because it doesn't seem to matter if you can sing. I thought this was a singing contest. I guess as long as you have "presence" we are supposed to ignore their voice.. I don't think i really want to watch much more of this embarrassing exhibition of Canadians having no taste for singing talent.All that counts is how "genuine" or "unique" someone can look jumping around a stage. I could probably turn the sound off and pick the judges winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast