+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 Top 14 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/9 Top 14 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 7/9 Top 14 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Tonight's order of singing:

Matt Rapley

Greg Neufeld

Tyler Mullendore

Liam Styles Chang

Dwight D'Eon

JayDee Bixby

Brian Melo

Matt plays the piano tonight and is singing The Jackson Five's I'll Be There. He starts off a little shaky. He's finishing with glory notes and a lot less vibrato than what he started with.

Jake - really happy you sat down and played the piano, vocally really strong but sang a little too close to the mike a really strong performance

Farley - a strong performance up the excitement factor

Sass - a quiet confidence in you I find so appealing in the higher registers it's smooth and beautiful

Zack - I do not believe in the last 3 weeks you've demonstrated the maturity I don't see you as ready to make a record or the Top 10 but if people vote for you they can see it differently

1-866-9IDOL01

It seems as though so many of the contestants once again this season are able to play instruments.
    I think this really sets the contestants apart from most of the AI finalists.
    Very impressive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ben introduces a segment about Ronald McDonald House where he and Melissa O'Neil went to the RMH in Vancouver. CI & RMH is sponsoring a vacation house in Bear Mountain BC and will continue to ask for funds and help all summer.

Greg Neufeld sings John Mayer's Daughters and plays the guitar. He's sitting down on the step of the stage. Vocally he's quite good but as others have said there's something lacking in this tonight.

Farley - you never cease to amaze me, you pick the songs that are perfect for your voice, the hearts and minds out there have to be captivated

Sass - you nailed it, charisma in your eyes and I really appreciate that

Zack - you chose songs within your comfort zone and you may be a little too perfect, I personally think it was a good choice, you may be too perfect for the public but it would be terrible not to have you in the Top 10

Jake - you can never be too perfect, I feel I'm at the Greg Neufeld show and ladies that's your competition right there

1-866-9IDOL02

I wonder if they'll allow them to play instruments throughout the Top 10? Somehow I doubt that they will but I hope I'm wrong.

Tyler Mullendore is playing guitar tonight as well. He said since he got there he's gone with his gut as far as song choice. He's singing Rocking Me Baby (Steve Miller Band). He looks a lot more comfortable with his guitar and isn't running around the stage like before. Very rough vocals I thought though.

Sass - that was Tyler Mullendore doing George Thorogood doing Steve Miller, singing was not the best you've ever done I really enjoyed the performance

Zack - a little Jaggerism throughout the edges, in the words of Randy Machoman Savage - OH YEAH

Jake - you're so genuine you haven't strayed from that path and continue doing what you're doing

Farley - we wanted you in this competition for specific reasons and you're doing that keep doing it

1-866-9IDOL03

Liam says he'll sing like it's his last night on the show. He's singing Over My Head by Fray. His vocal is really good tonight again. He is a lock for Top 10.

Zack - I was actually thinking of wearing that exact same outfit tonight - it's like you already have a career, I still want more explosiveness around the edges you've got a long way to go on this show

Jake - as a pure vocalist you're one of the best, I need to see more explosiveness but I believe you are definitely in the Top 10

Farley - that was fantastic you're here for the long haul

Sass - I don't have much to add, other than you're genuine and that really speaks to everyone here and out there

1-866-9IDOL04

Dwight says he has his guitar tonight because the last two weeks he was scared to death without it. He's going back tonight to being the real him. He's singing a song I don't know. He's doing much better with the guitar than he did without it.

Jake - that was a rock star moment there, I would never take the guitar out of your hands

Farley - most improved player now the public knows who you are, when you take it down a notch and then bring it up it was fantastic

Sass - you have the vibe but not the voice for me still the best you've done

Zack - you lack in the pipes and charisma but that was as good as you can do so if you're going to go down in flames go down doing the best you can do

1-866-9IDOL05

JayDee has the 2nd last spot. He said he liked Johnny Cash (for people who are still alive) and Ben had to tell him Johnny was dead so he said George Jones. Poor JayDee he's an old soul in a young body. He chose a country classic that's possibly The Auctioneer but I don't really have any clue about country music. Twasn't bad and he'll probably make the Top 10 but he's a limited performer like lots of the others this year so it will be interesting to watch what he does during the various themes.

Farley - going once, twice gone to the Top 10

Sass - golly gosh you've just turned me into Elly May

Zack - you couldn't have done something further away from the kind of music I like

Jake - you're working the room like you've done it forever, you worked the room and performed the song

Farley - have you played Cashville Tennessee? That's right next to Nashville and that's where you're going.

1-866-9IDOL06

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast