+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/3 Top 18 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/3 Top 18 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 7/3 Top 18 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Here's the order they're singing in tonight:

Martha Joy 1-866-9IDOL01

Tara Oram 1-866-9IDOL02

Naomi Joy Blackhall 1-866-9IDOL03

Carly Rae Jepsen 1-866-9IDOL04

Scarlett Burke 1-866-9IDOL05

Montana Iles 1-866-9IDOL06

Mila Miller 1-866-9IDOL07

Annika Odegard 1-866-9IDOL08

Khalila Glanville 1-866-9IDOL09

Martha chooses Josh Groban's To Where You Are. She's got a good voice but I don't get anything out of her performance. She has no charisma or emotion and that song really needs some of both.

Jake - you're a great singer you're really stiff I get no emotion out of you you can be a great singer for only so long
    Farley - a good effort on the emotion a few stylistic choices that didn't fit
    Sass - a tough song to sing, it was a bit shaky at the beginning when you hit the higher notes it was crystal
    Zack - you have to match your last name with what you do on stage. You're completely singular and despite some of the shaky stuff tonight you belong here

Tara sings Safe In The Arms Of Love (Michelle Wright). I don't know much about country music but she did a much better job on this song than she did on the one she sang last week. She'll probably never be one of my favourites but she was okay tonight.

Farley - what I would have liked to see was a more physical performance, it didn't blow me away
    Sass - I think you chose a song that really suits you, you did a very very good job on it
    Zack - you look great on camera, vocally I thought it was Carrie Underwhelming
    Jake - I just felt it didn't have a lot of dynamic it wasn't a bad song the list is endless and show off more of your vocal skills.

Naomi Joy does the Dido Roswell Theme "Here With Me". She's better than she was last week too but I'm not loving what she's doing tonight either.

Sass - I think that was a definite improvement over last week you look gorgeous
    Zack - you've proven you just don't sing that well
    Jake - that particular performance didn't live up to what we've seen before
    Farley - you look great you need to bring the edge, the edge isn't there you need to bring it back.

Carly sings Sarah Slean's Sweet Ones. I enjoyed her a lot last week but I'm not getting this week's performance at all. She's sounding a lot like she talks like a little girl and it's annoying the sh!t out of me.

Zack - you're gonna show a lot of vibes, you're definitely top 10 it would be ridiculous if you're not there
    Jake - personality you show, you pick songs that show your personality and you'll go really far
    Farley - you're the one that's sweet and the girl to beat
    Sass - I thought it was a lovely lovely animated performance

Then Scarlett sings Proud Mary. It takes a very special talent to make Proud Mary one of the worst songs you'll hear all season but SURPRISE Scarlett has that unique talent. This is so bad that you just want to turn the channel and watch anything else.

Jake - I don't know what to say, I've seen way better performances than that on a bar on Queen St, I don't get it
    Farley - I don't know what to say, it just didn't happen.
    Sass - at the end of the song you hit that killer note, it didn't show the best part of your voice
    Zack - says nothing which speaks volumes as to just how horrible this song was

Montana sings Fall Out Boy's Thanks For The Memories. Her vocals are not great tonight but she puts a lot of energy into her performance. I liked her better last week but she's good enough (especially after witnessing the travesty that was Scarlett's performance) to stay around and probably make Top 10.

Farley - we talked about entertaining I want to hear you sing as best as you can
    Sass - it was great your performance
    Zack - you're not about that and you're braking all the rules I thought it was really cool
    Jake - not since Jacob Hoggard have we had someone come out on stage and we wonder what will Montana do and that's what makes it special

Then Mila comes out and sings Otis Redding's Try A Little Tenderness. She's not polished but she's got soul and she does a credible job on this song.

Sass - sweet moves from Mila I love that

Zack - some moments that were crystal pure groovy you can learn to do some other things you're an undefeatable star

Jake - you feel the song and you know how much that means to me, that's how you perform a song

Farley - that was a killa of a thrilla from the Mila

Annika unbelievably chose Joss Stone's Super Duper Love. This girl is as close to R&B as I am to being chosen the next Brad Pitt (trust me I'd get the Pitts part but not the Brad). Annika has a lot of energy but this song is just so many parts of wrong for her and it's a painful experience to watch. Slightly better than Scarlett though.

Zack - you enjoyed that performance I think when the 4 us vote the top 22 and we sometimes make mistakes. Sometimes you might make the promise of your life but it was uncool and not a good performance, it was awful
    Jake - I agree with Zack 100% you don't have enough soul to sing a song like that. You don't have that in you yet
    Farley - that recipe there takes three cups of soul
    Sass - while I can't disagree with these guys, it was really nice to see the energy you performed that with

Closing out tonight's show is Khalila singing the Four Tops' I Can't Help Myself. She's also a bundle of energy on stage but she's flat and offkey in parts of the song. She looked a lot more comfortable doing this type of Motown pop though than Annika did. She was good enough to stay another week.

Jake - the performance aspects was strong and you were out of tune a lot of the time
    Farley - fantastic shoes, almost like a theme show and you were confined and didn't know what to pick, next week take time and think about what you sing
    Sass - I think you can do way more than you showed us tonight - NEXT WEEK
    Zack - you look totally like a star on camera, sing songs that matter, you're dragging things down it's karaoke nonsense, you belong on the show but don't sing songs that are radically irrelevant DON'T DO IT!

Then the Honey Nut Cheerios Recap and a reminder that results is on tomorrow night at 7:30 PM. (that means no Jeopardy tomorrow night people).

once again the judges completely ignore the fact that Montana's singing is atrocious. the more they fawn for her, the more ridiculous they and the show look.

and nope, I'm not at all surprised.

FORT Newbie

oops sorry i posted my thought on the wrong day. I say again, Did someone put lemons in these contestants drinks?? None could carry a tune in a bucket. There are more than 18 people in my subdivision that could outsing these contestants. Come on!!! Bring it. Make it look like Canadians have SOME talent please.
    Last edited by catie29; 07-03-2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: none

I just caught Scarlett now. Yeah, Tina Turner has nothing to fear. Hell, John Fogerty has nothing to fear. And what was up with those weird "hah!" sounds she made throughout the song?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast