+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Order of performance tonight

Liam 1-866-9IDOL01

Andrew 1-866-9IDOL02

Dwight 1-866-9IDOL03

Clifton 1-866-9IDOL04

Greg 1-866-9IDOL05

Brian 1-866-9IDOL06

JayDee 1-866-9IDOL07

Matt 1-866-9IDOL08

Tyler 1-866-9IDOL09

Liam sang Tal Bachman's She's So High. I thought he did rather well as did 3 of the judges. Zack wasn't as appreciative but said Liam was a rock star and belongs in the competition and that Zack is always wrong anyway.
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 07-02-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Andrew sang Monday Morning by Maroon 5 and sang with his guitar. He looked much more at ease on stage holding his guitar.

The judges all loved him tonight and Ben praised his hair and his resemblance to Eddie Munster.

Dwight sings I Mother Earth. He's wearing a red bandana over his head and looks like he's just arrived from the Gay Pride parade. However he rocks the song and I enjoyed his performance a lot.

The judges all praised him too so a win over all for Dwight tonight.

Greg sings Jason Mraz again this time Geek In The Pink. The judges were enthusiastic and Ben gets all to agree to never mention Rocket Man. Greg also sings with his guitar.

Brian Melo sings Robbie Williams' Angels. Wow was I ever blown away again by this guy (don't tell John Brunton because being a Torontonian I'm supposed to hate all the people not from Toronto. Brian isn't the best looking guy in the competition but he can wipe the floor up with most of them. The judges with the exception of Zack tongue bathed him. Zack noticed some pitch problems.

Rockabilly teen dream JayDee sings Ray Charles' I Got A Woman. We've seen this all before but he did a good job of the song and really seems to enjoy being up on stage. The judges loved it too though Jake & Farley thought he would be more explosive.

Matt Rapley sings Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up and I thought he did an excellent job on the song. The judges were all enthusiastic but Jake warned him about his vibrato and Farley disagreed and said the vibrato complemented Matt's voice. Sass & Zack both said the performance gave them chills.

Tyler finished out the night with John Hiatt's Have A Little Faith In Me. He chose another good song for his voice and gave a good performance. The judges like it too though Zack thought he lost focus in the last part of the song.

Wow, it really seems that overall, the judges had nothing but postive things to say. Of course with a few things to work on, but overall I can't believe how positive the judges are.

Are the guys really that strong this season?

Except for Clifton all of the guys really brought their game tonight. You'll of course like some more than others but all of them (except Clifton) were really enjoyable. It was a good show and will make the girls practice harder tomorrow before their show.

It's great to hear that almost all of the guys are really working hard. It seems to be paying off. I think we were pretty accurate thinking that overall the guys are stronger than the girls.

the guys are ridiculously better than the girls this season. Clifton (yawn) and Dwight will probably go this week.

I enjoyed Liam, Matt and Brian the best. Jaydee needs to get out of his 1950's box, it's really enough already. Good voice, but I need to see some diversity there. Tyler was okay, but a little too full of himself for my tastes. Andrew and Greg were so much better this week, the guitars really helped them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast