+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I'm not understanding what everybody's seeing in Brian. He's cute, has a great smile, but his singing hasn't particularly impressed me. I really don't understand why the judges are falling all over themselves about him.

People are knocking Jaydee for choosing old songs but Liam's songs have been pretty dated as well. I think both of them are very talented kids, and both are also very charming, but I just can't get past them being so young. A couple more years of experience would do both of them a world of good.

Matt is also here a couple of years too soon. He has a fabulous voice but at 18 it's going to change a lot in the next few years. With some really good vocal training, he could be something special, and he might even develop a performing personna too! But not this year.

Dwight's gotta lose some of that intensity. Needs to loosen up a bit and enjoy himself so the audience can enjoy what he does. Tyler, well, sorry, I just don't enjoy watching him. Don't care for his attitude either but that could just be some country bumpkin bluster. Still, there's no chance in hell I'd ever vote for him.

So, by the process of elimination, I guess that leaves Greg as my favourite. He's not terribly dynamic but I find him very pleasant and likable and I've really enjoyed both of his performances. Hope he lasts a long time.

Re: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2460784;
    People are knocking Jaydee for choosing old songs but Liam's songs have been pretty dated as well. I think both of them are very talented kids, and both are also very charming, but I just can't get past them being so young. A couple more years of experience would do both of them a world of good.
    Liam seems to update the songs he sings. I could see his songs as music played on the radio today while Jaydee's sound is as old as the songs he sings. I like it but it doesn't sound up-to-date at all.

For some reason Liam's age hasn't bothered me yet. Jaydee really seems his age but Liam's age seems to suit his style rather than being something that makes me want to wait until he grows up.

Matt doesn't seem his age either but I think he would have been better to wait because he will probably improve with age. I don't really like his style so I'm not likely to vote for him either way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123