+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/2 Top 18 Guys' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2458687;
    Wow, it really seems that overall, the judges had nothing but postive things to say. Of course with a few things to work on, but overall I can't believe how positive the judges are.

Are the guys really that strong this season?
    In the past I have been proud of Canadian Idol for looking for unique/original musicians, however they should have talent and substance. I cannot help but be embarrassed this year at the calibre of the "idol" potentials. Maybe i am judging too early but i am not really looking forward to each week like I have in previous years.

I haven't watched a lot, but I haven't noticed the male talent being worse than the other talent. Some of the females are decent too. I think compared to last year, the talent is on par (I wasn't hugely impressed last year).

I enjoyed the show tonight..sounds like most people did... the only really bad perfomance was Clifton's..... I like Brian, and I think I like Liam and Greg and Tyler... (Can't decide if Tyler is just way too annoying though. But he is talented if conceited.)
    I think Clifton and Dwight will go, although it might be that Radley/Bradley guy. For some reason I felt kinda sorry for him tonight, like he was a really sweet guy way out of his depth. Can't exactly say why. It might have been that white Tshirt peeking out underneath his shirt or something. He seemed very vulnerable. In any case I think one good singer will go home this week, since they are almost all good.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

Clifton has a great voice...it's a shame he's so unlikeable.

If I could pick the guys for top 10, I would go with Jaydee, Tyler, Liam, Dwight, and Greg. There's just enough diversity in style with those 5 to make it interesting. There's no lack of talent anywhere, but I find the others - Clifton, Andrew, Matt, Brian - to be very forgettable.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

A review of the Top 9 guys from MetroNews this AM:

Idols deploy secret weapons

Overall an excellent show! (....with the exception of Clifton....)
    My favourites so far are Liam, Tyler and Brian. The rest are very talented, but there's something about them that is lacking for me. Jaydee has an excellent voice and great personality but needs to sing some songs in this decade. I don't know what it is about Greg, but the judges absolutely love him and I find him just mediocre. Matt has a great voice but he has no personality or showmanship. Clifton, Andrew and Dwight are my least favourites with Clifton heading the pack and my pick to go home. I don't think his looks will keep him in much longer with such a strong group of singers competing for top 10. The boys are so much stronger vocally and performance-wise than the girls. Excellent group of guys this year!

FORT Fanatic

Andrew improved so much this week that I really hope he has a chance to perform again next week. I'm not sure what everyone sees in Matt. His vibrato drives me nuts. Clifton will definitely be gone but I'm not sure who else will go. I really liked Brian. Liam wasn't as good as last week. Dwight didn't do well. Jaydee is obviously skilled, but does nothing for me.

I liked Liam the best. He sounded like he could step right in to one of those 80s bands like the Cure or Duran Duran. His voice is so smooth and silky.

Of the rest I like Brian although he is lacking some charisma. JD is great but needs to step out of the box. I am still on the fence about Tyler Dumbledore. I'd like to hear him sing some Doors. I thought Neufeld put on a good show.

As for dislikes, obviously Clifton struggled. I still don't like Matt's singing, although this week was much better than last. And the "rocker" dude, whatever his name was. Did not stand out for me.

The ChartAttack review of the Top 9 Guys' performances:

Canadian Idol Update: Top Nine Boys Battle It Out

I think it's a pretty good year for the guys. I really like Brian. Liam is great as well. Tyler can be interesting sometimes but not others.

I can do without Matt - definitely not my style. I groaned aloud when Brian said that he was singing 'You Raise Me Up'. That's almost worse than Clifton's pick last week of 'I'll be' for horrible men's Idol songs.

I like Dwight but I'm not finding him all that good yet. I hope he stays another week and Matt goes but I think he's in a lot of danger.

I'm not sure why I'm not thrilled with Jaydee. He's got a great voice and I love his type of music but it just doesn't seem relevant to today.

Andrew was good this week but somewhat forgettable (and not very good last week) so he may also be in danger.

Greg is good but in a middle of the road kind of way that doesn't thrill me much. This week's song didn't do much for me. I don't mind if he's top 10 (and I'll feel really sorry for him if he isn't) but I don't personally care one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast