+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/26 Top 22 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

6/26 Top 22 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 12:30 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 6/26 Top 22 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

seriously? Montana? WTF was that?? Maybe I'm getting old but that was just self indulgent crap. I hated every second.

Ben lies right off the bat saying how hot the guys were last night and it was just a matter of deciding
    who you liked the best. Jake says Debra Bird is now working with the competitors and we'll see more growth from them. Sass believes the competitors have to connect emotionally with the song. Farley believes the hardest thing is to win over the nation and not just your region. Zack thinks people at home vote for arbitrary reasons and that we don't buy music for that reason. He thinks we should vote for people who stand for something.

Tara Oram sings first and wants to bring country to the Idol stage. She chose Rose Garden as her
    song. She sounds a little flat on parts and is hurting my ears. If this is the best from Newfoundland & Labrador this year then perhaps the Top 10 will be Newfy free for once.

1-866-9IDOL01

Jake - at times you're a bit breathy and a little bit rushed,

Farley - a little bit of nerves, well presented

Sass - you have a wonderful energy about you, a sweetness I really love

Zack - from top to bottom, you stand for something good performance

Martha Joy thanks her parents for supporting her. Her little video moment is all about her parents being there for her. She wants to reach out to all of Canada and touch their hearts. She's singing I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. Think Celine Dion in Vegas singing this song and you get a good idea of how Martha is singing it. Technically very good but other than that there's nothing else you can say about it.

1-866-9IDOL02

Farley - best technical singer but you need an element of vulnerability

Sass - gifted girl and you should be very proud

Zack - challenge to decide, it was so theatrical and pageanty, is there world in what you just did that would sell records and I don't think so

Jake - fantastic singer but I don't feel it, being 16 you need to find who you are and now your'e singing like people you like instead of who you really are

Montana Martin Iles sings after Martha (who kicked Martha out of the group in Toronto). She says she's not emo or punk but she's just Montana. She sings something but whatever it is I've never heard it before. She's all about performance and giving you a show. Like a French Canadian Cyndi Lauper. She doesn't have the greatest voice ever on the show but she was so entertaining and so much fun to watch. I loved it whatever it was.

1-866-9IDOL03

Sass - holy ***** that was like drama intense wicked powerful fantastic

Zack - bar none my favourite performance since I've ever sat in this seat on the show

Jake - it was just moving you know who you are it was fun people will buy your records today

Farley - I wanted to scream and run out there and hug you, I love people like that it was a fantastic performance.

Khamilla Miller now calling herself Milla so we don't confuse her with Khalila G. She sings I'm Going Down by Mary J. Blige. She wants
    Canada to feel what she sings. She was good on the vocal and used the stage really well. She comes across confident and poised.
    A good solid performance.

1-866-9IDOL04

Zack - it was like sassy vibey fresh and you're gonna get better and better as the competition goes along

Jake - really impassioned I just felt it really worked for you that was really really good

Farley - you have a sense of star vibe and how to move that was a great performance

Sass - you exude joy I just love it

Maud is next and she picked a song I'd never heard before but she has put a Bjork spin to it whatever it is. She's got a sweet voice but it
    isn't a great song to begin with and she looks a little lost on stage.

1-866-9IDOL05

Jake - you have to step out of that it's stylized. FInd songs that let you be you

Farley - song selection is critical and plays a role in winning people over, this song and your performance didn't win me over

Sass - sounded kind of pitchy in this room you sounded charming and that will take you far

Zack - i would scrub all of the make-up off you and make you sing the song the way you'd sing it without Idolizing it, What you did
    there was horrific and that was a bummer.

Annika Odegard come on after a commercial break. She found the experience physically and emotionally draining. She's here now and
    ready. She chose a slow ballady type of song that I'd never heard before. Falling In Love or some such thing. She has a rough edge to her
    voice that I'm not sure was supposed to be there or was she off key. It wasn't something I'd want to hear again.

1-866-9IDOL06

Farley - I didn't find you took any real risks there and you gotta try real hard

Sass - I think you were afraid to sing it in the right key it was too low and we couldn't hear your lower register, good try

Zack - here you're in the dress from the bad bride'smiad shop. the girl with the broken tone is what you should be not the Miss Teen Canada
    Pageant.

Jake - I don't disagree with the others good singing but not unbelievable

Naomi Joy Blackhall says she enjoys rock music most as it speaks to her soul. Her little video moment emphasizes she likes rock. She
    has chosen a Whitesnake song Judgement Day. She started off really badly and the performance never got any better. This girl may like
    rock music but she didn't prove to me tonight that she can sing it. OH MY EARS!

1-866-9IDOL07

Sass - you look amazing you got the whole act down but it was pitchy

Zack - that song was in the key of HUNNNNH

Jake - it was really pitchy looked great but really pitchy

Farley - you tried something specific but it didn't really happen for you

Christine Hanlon who says she's from Rexdale and not Toronto is up after another commercial break. She doesn't appear ill tonight
    and she said she's happy tonight. She's singing Sarah MacLachlan's Possession. It's a very boring performance and doesn't
    really come off as anything but karaoke

1-866-9IDOL08

Zack - the last 3 or 4 people in a row you're super talented I need to talk to you about what you should be doing that was just so wrong

Jake - vocally some strong moments there, you weren't in the pocket you need to find the groove

Farley - I agree with Jake I remember you being much more edgy

Sass - you got way more edge and that song wasn't you, you can kick ass so do it next time

The new girl Scarlett Burke follows Christine. She is thankful for the opportunity. She sings a Whitney Houston song but starts off so
    quietly you can barely hear her and then bam she comes on real strong and to me sounded off key and pitchy. Not a good way to
    start off the competition but still better than Naomi was.

1-88-9IDOL09

Jake - you're newer to the game, really uninspiring to me don't sing Whitney Houston

Farley - it all matters you gotta sing it all

Sass - you started it out and didn't grab it right away

Zack - I could barely hear the quiet stuff, you're a really really strong singer and I hope you're hear for a while

Khalila Glanville or "G" is up after yet another commercial break. There's nothing fake about her or so she says. She's singing Pink's Family Portrait. After the horrible performances that preceded Khalila she was a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed her a lot. Perhaps not the greatest voice ever to appear on the stage but in the Top 2 tonight.

1-866-9IDOL10

Farley - cool calm poised and beautiful

Sass - that was great great

Zack - you were living in the moment as you sang the song it was you singing it in atruly honest way truly great

Jake - you were in your element you're doing exactly what you should be doing it was totally believable

Last up in the all important PIMP position is Carly Rae Jepson. The 21 year old girl who's going on 13. They're showing clips of her histrionics during the boot camp in Toronto. She's singing Put Your Records On. She's got a very good voice when she sings (as opposed to talking). She is also really comfortable on the stage. I enjoyed her performance very much.

1-866-9IDOL11

Sass - Rae in your name stands for sunshine. I love you

Zack - good choice of song, it felt right

Jake - tonight you almost tapped into the vulnerability of your final 100 performance

Farley - one of my favourite performances of the last 2 nights, you are definitely a top 10 contender.

Oh and for those that care the Honey Nut Cheerios recap is back this year.

Montana was great. Not indulgent at all. Reminds me of Siouxie Sioux (of Siouxie and the Banshees). That's the way it is supposed to be done.

Khamila was great as well, and I liked Carly Rae as well.

The others were forgettable. The song Maud sang is by the Cranberries, and is a great song - if sung by Dolores O'Riordan, that is.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I was blown away by Montana. That was an awesome performance. Mila was pretty good too. Not too bad for a couple of 16 year olds.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I really liked Mila as well, she surprised me as I was not impressed with her in boot camp. Carly...bugs. Too precious for my taste. You just know this girl has been told how sweet and beautiful and special she is her whole life. Her song just sounded like an imitation of the original artist. Montana...can't tell yet.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

How weird that Carly was the last singer and Cdn Idol is followed by Instant Star and Alexz Johnson is who Carly is totally modelled after. In both looks and song style.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast