+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/26 Top 22 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 6/26 Top 22 Girls' Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I really enjoy Montana, but this competition is not for her. I find her style very intriguing - she's kind of a sad little soul when she speaks, so her performance tonight really surprised me.

I like to think she could be this season's Jacob Hoggard, but she appears to lack Jacob's sense of humour, which was a huge part of what endeared him to the fans. I think she has an excellent chance of success, but this is just not her audience.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Zao

I'm curious why this show isn't listed on the main page, but rather in the completed shows/shows we no longer cover section. I think a lot of people don't know about the CI forum (like myself - I just found it today).

Favorite: Mila - I was very surprised by her performance, in fact, I was quite taken back. There's something about her that made her performance look...easy. I also enjoyed her face expressions.

Over-hyped: Montana - love her style, but she is not a good singer. I give her props for doing something new though. Carly - there's something very fake about her. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't feel/ believe her.

Who will go: Maud (unfortunately) I really liked her, like Sass said, I thought there was a charm and sweetness about her.

Who I want to go: Annika - too young and too inexperienced. She looked like she was going to cry during the judges' comments.

I loved Khalila. Best voice and best performance of the night for me. by a mile.

Count me in the not-feeling-the-Montana-overhype camp. She's all poser. It'll get old. real fast.

Annika and Maud were painful. As was Christine. And Martha Joy. Not a pretty night.

Here's Rick McGinnis' take on the Girls' performances last night:

Girls’ night out at Idol reveals one ballsy singer

elk

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2452698;
    She says she's not emo or punk
    Could anyone please tell this 48 year old what "Emo" is? The only Emo I know is Emo Phillips, that very strange comic from a couple of decades ago.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;2452941;
    I'm curious why this show isn't listed on the main page, but rather in the completed shows/shows we no longer cover section. I think a lot of people don't know about the CI forum (like myself - I just found it today).
    I wondered about this too. I posted a question in the help area, asking if they could move it to the Other Reality Shows thread. I know there a lot of Canadians on FORT so maybe the mods will move it into a more accessible area for us.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elk;2453100;
    Could anyone please tell this 48 year old what "Emo" is? The only Emo I know is Emo Phillips, that very strange comic from a couple of decades ago.
    I did a google search because I didn't know what it meant either. Apparantly it refers to a hardcore punk style. Here's the link I found on Wikipedia.

Emo & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Bubba-Jo-Lyn; 06-27-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: link didn't work right
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Count me in with those who like Montana. She's not up to Jacob's standard but she is interesting and I like to see someone interesting - especially for the women. Most of the women were very boring and pagenty and interchangeable for me this year.

I like Christine's Bohemian rhapsody from the begining of the semi-finals and I keep hoping she'll do something like that again.

Here's the review from ChartAttack on the Girls' performances last night:

Canadian Idol Update: Girls On Top

FORT Newbie

I think there were lemons in the punch!!! Can anyone they picked sing a song in tune? I can pick 18 people in my subdivision that could out sing these contestants. wow, pick it up people and make canadians look like we have SOME talent
    Last edited by catie29; 07-03-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammar error

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12