Hometown: Abbotsford, BC
    Audition City: Vancouver, BC
    Place of Birth: Langley, BC
    Nickname: Greggy
    Favourite Song: "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2
    Couldn't Live Without: "My guitar. I never leave home without it."
    Would Like to Meet: Dave Matthews
    Motto: "Just go for it."

"If you put enough time and energy into something than you can accomplish a lot of your goals. Talent has a lot to do with it, but you have to have the desire and push to achieve those goals."

After making it into the Top 22 last season, Greg came up short of a Top 10 spot and has found "trying to forget about what happened to me last year" the most challenging part of this year's competition. "I know I should have done better and I just need to go out and prove to everyone that I deserve to go very far in this competition," he says.

A huge fan of the Dave Matthews Band, when Greg first started playing guitar all he wanted to learn was Dave Matthews' songs. Along with Matthews, he also admires John Mayer and Coldplay's Chris Martin because they have managed to sustain career longevity.

This year, viewers can expect a more polished and confident Greg Neufeld. "I am going to bring a lot of energy and upbeat songs that people can really get into," he promises. "This is something I have been working toward for a very long time and I want people to know that I'm a true musician. I have paid my dues. I've been there, I just need my chance."

Greg keeps active by playing hockey and basketball and he also wakeboards. In his spare time, you'll find him jamming with his band Dimarco, watching "Dumb & Dumber" (because it reminds him of his brothers) and rooting for the Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions and the Phoenix Suns.

The song that best describes him is "No Stopping Us" by Jason Mraz. To become the next Canadian Idol, Greg believes he just needs to be himself. "I have to bring it every week like it is my last song ever."

CTV.ca | Greg Neufeld

Re: Greg Neufeld

MySpace fan page with some music to listen to for Greg:

www.myspace.com/neufeldgreg

Here's the Greg Neufeld MetroNews profile:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Greg Neufeld

I think he's improved from last year. I thought he deserved to be top 10 last year but I wasn't all that sad that he didn't make it (unlike my feelings about Keith!). This year he seems to be better but I think we might have more good guys so he's still not a shoe in.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;2447581;
    I think he's improved from last year. I thought he deserved to be top 10 last year but I wasn't all that sad that he didn't make it (unlike my feelings about Keith!). This year he seems to be better but I think we might have more good guys so he's still not a shoe in.
    Yeah, I'm not really enthused about any of this bunch of 22 but Greg is one that I'm sort of pulling for. I liked him last year, not enough to pick up the phone and vote for him, but I was shocked when he was booted so I hope he does better this year. There is a lot of resentment, though, about him getting a second chance so we shall see.

If the rules allow for people to come back then I don't have a problem with him being back on the show. I only really heard him during the trio number he did the other night and he sang really well with the other guys. If he sings well then he should move on to the Top 10. Since he's a good looking guy I'm sure the fangurls (&boys) will dial their fingers off for him this year.

Here's the MySpace page for Greg's band Dimarco:

www.myspace.com/dimarcomusic

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

The guy still doesn't have enough of a personality to motivate people to vote for him. Doubt he'll make Top 10.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

elk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2451597;
    The guy still doesn't have enough of a personality to motivate people to vote for him. Doubt he'll make Top 10.
    I agree. Something about him bugged me last year and it is still there this year. It was interesting though, watching his Maroon 5 performance, it is hard not to compare it to Blake's from AI6. If I hadn't heard Blake's I would have enjoyed Greg's performance much more.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by elk;2451970;
    I agree. Something about him bugged me last year and it is still there this year. It was interesting though, watching his Maroon 5 performance, it is hard not to compare it to Blake's from AI6. If I hadn't heard Blake's I would have enjoyed Greg's performance much more.
    He seems kind of generic and ordinary. When I watched him this week I thought - oh yeah, that's why I wasn't upset that he didn't make it last year. He seems very popular though. I think he'll be top 10 this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast