Hometown: Toronto, ON
    Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
    Nickname: J-fresh and Fresh
    Favourite Song: Purple Rain by Prince
    Couldn't Live Without: "My guitar."
    Would Like to Meet: Prince
    Motto: "Do it big."

"Canadian Idol is important because it showcases people's talents that normally wouldn't have a chance to be discovered."

What has surprised Justyn the most about the Canadian Idol experience? "How many talented and interesting people came out to audition," he says. "I had no idea there was such talent right here in our backyard!"

Although viewers might be surprised to learn that Justyn considers himself shy and introverted offstage, he says that when he performs he just has a blast and can't wait to get back on stage.

Justyn greatly admires Prince and if he could meet one person living or dead it would be him. "He has inspired me and taught me so much," he explains. "I respect people who are real and do their own thing. Plus, 'Purple Rain' gives me goose-bumps every time I hear it. I watched 'Purple Rain' the movie over and over again as a young child; I was just mesmerized by Prince."

When Justyn learned he had made it into the Top 22, he felt mixed emotions because his duet partner didn't make it through. "I was so sad and disappointed that I didn't really celebrate my Top 22 spot," he says.

The greatest inspiration of Justyn's life has been his mother and he is thankful to have the support of his family. "They couldn't be more excited for me!"

Justyn plays soccer, basketball and hockey and also enjoys gardening and cooking. His favourite foods include Indian, Jamaican, Thai, Brazilian and Mexican and he admits that he "loves food way too much to mention just one."

CTV.ca | Justyn Wesley

Re: Justyn Wesley

MySpace page for Justyn:

www.myspace.com/justynwesley

Here's the MetroNews profile on Justyn:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Justyn Wesley

I think he's in a lot of danger. Boy he looks different in this picture than he did on the show. He came off like a cheesy wedding singer.

+ Reply to Thread