+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annika Odegard

Annika Odegard

Hometown: Calgary, AB
    Audition City: Calgary, AB
    Place of Birth: Calgary, AB
    Nickname: Annika Bananika
    Favourite Song: "His Eye is On the Sparrow" by Charles Gabriel and Civilla Martin
    Couldn't Live Without: "My piano"
    Would like to Meet: Martin Luther King
    Motto: "In life you need a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."

"I've always been very focused but this competition has created an even greater desire in me to do better than my best."

Currently a Grade 11 student at Henry Wise Wood Senior High School in Calgary, Annika believes that her unique voice and previous experience has helped her get this far in the competition.

Annika spends a great deal of her time performing and has acted in over 20 live theatre productions. She loves to dance and takes West African dance classes. She is also an active member of her school's swim team.

The craziest thing Annika ever did happened last year when she took one month off school to backpack through Europe with her family. "We had Eurail passes and some days we lived on apples and carrots. At other times, we feasted on wine and five course meals. There was never a dull moment!"

For Annika, the Top 200 week taught her that she is more sensitive to negative criticism than she thought she would be, but the experience also helped her discover that criticism motivates her to work harder.

A big fan of Josh Groban, Annika also admires Stevie Wonder because "he consistently writes great music for himself and others. He performs with energy and emotion and always seems genuinely happy."

You will most likely find Annika where she's most happy -- at a piano. She plays everyday, whether it's to relieve stress, learn new music or just have fun singing and playing.

CTV.ca | Annika Odegard

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Annika Odegard

16 going on 40.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread