Hometown: Lake Ainslie, NS
    Audition City: Halifax, NS
    Place of Birth: Lake Ainslie, NS
    Nickname: Mully
    Favourite Song: My Way by Frank Sinatra
    Couldn't Live Without: "My vocal cords and my fingers"
    Would Like to Meet: Neil Young
    Motto: "You get what you give."

"My comfort zone is when I am making music. I can't even begin to explain the rush I get while playing on stage to a big audience that is cheering my name and dancing to my tunes."

What Tyler feels he needs to do in order to become the next Canadian Idol is to "be myself and nobody else," he says. "I have to let my personality shine through and rip out the tunes the best way I know how. I have to show Canada who Steven Tyler Mullendore really is."

If Tyler was able to meet one person it would be Neil Young. "He is a musical genius," says Tyler. "He has the ability to take whatever ideas are in his head and put them into whatever style of music he sees fit."

Tyler feels nothing but support and encouragement from his family and friends for the Top 22. "Ever since I picked up a guitar at the age of six I have been supported by everyone around me, especially my family," he says. "Even when I used to butcher songs, they would still encourage me. I don't believe I would be half as good today without their support throughout the years."

How would Tyler describe his style? "I try not to look like I am straight from the 70s, but there is a lot of influence from that time period," he says. "I like big hair, big sunglasses, jeans with holes, shoes with heels, leather jackets and shirts that show some chest hair -- how about that for a picture?"

Three things you may not know about Tyler are: 1) His favourite move is Pulp Fiction; 2) when he was three months old he was diagnosed with glaucoma, an eye condition, which caused him to lose sight in his left eye; 3) he loves wearing Scooby Doo boxers.

In the Top 22, Canadian Idol viewers can expect to see "the real deal, no shades of grey."

CTV.ca | Tyler Mullendore

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Tyler Mullendore

Totally love this kid. I really hope he makes it into Top 10.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

elk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2451591;
    Totally love this kid. I really hope he makes it into Top 10.
    Again, I agree with you Bubba-Jo-Lynn. What a refreshing talent and what a rocker!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Did Gregg Allman make any trips to Halifax about 20 yrs ago? Makes you wonder. Also love that his full name is Steven Tyler Mullendore. Kid was born to be a rock star.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I thought I liked him but he didn't live up to my expectations this week. His performance seemed a bit awkward and unsure. I'm hoping he does better next week.

I'm not keen on his voice at all.
    I think he's all image.
    Style over substance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If he was 10, 20 years older, his pose would be more believable. Jake said he was the "real deal", but I'm not so sure.

Having said that, though, I'm a fan of his vocal style. I honestly don't know why he wanted to go on CI, but I guess options are limited in Nova Scotia? I think I'd really enjoy a CD of his, but when he's on stage without his guitar, I feel kind of uncomfortable watching him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

Are you Kidding Me....this Kid Is Brutal.....he's An Insult To Rock Fans...he Can't Sing Very Well...and He's Moves Around Like A Spaz...and Whats Worse He Thinks He's Good
    Last edited by Mariner; 07-04-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: lingo

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2459305;
    If he was 10, 20 years older, his pose would be more believable. Jake said he was the "real deal", but I'm not so sure.

Having said that, though, I'm a fan of his vocal style. I honestly don't know why he wanted to go on CI, but I guess options are limited in Nova Scotia? I think I'd really enjoy a CD of his, but when he's on stage without his guitar, I feel kind of uncomfortable watching him.
    I'm with ya AJane. The singing I can handle but it's the looking at him that's painful. Guess he'd be a great candidate to put out a cd, eh?

Very entertaining and it's unfortunate he didn't make the Top 10.
    'Huuutch!' - Starsky

+ Reply to Thread