Thread: Kamila Miller

Kamila Miller

Hometown: Woodbridge, ON
    Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
    Nickname: Mila
    Favourite Song: "I am Not My Hair" by India.Arie
    Would Like to Meet: Amy Winehouse
    Motto: "Quitters never win, winners never quit. I choose to be a winner, therefore I will never quit."

"My family is very supportive of my participation in this competition. They believe in my talent and love for singing and have always been there for me each step of the way."

Kamila feels that the best part about being chosen for Canadian Idol is the opportunity to experience a wide range of musical styles and genres that she was never aware of before. It has also taught her to be more accepting and open minded to these styles because Canada is rich in raw and fresh musical talent.

While auditioning, Kamila was surprised to witness how well the judges pick Canadian Idol competitors. "They hear every mistake and they know exactly what they are looking for in a Canadian Idol," she says. Kamila promises to show viewers that she is a funny, outgoing and expressive individual that has a burning passion for singing.

A Grade 12 student at Emily Carr Secondary School in Toronto, Kamila enjoys instrumental music, track and field, jogging and hanging with friends. Her favourite movie is "Hotel Rwanda" and she would one day like to see a performance by Cirque du Soleil.

If Kamila could meet one person in her life it would be Amy Winehouse. "I love her talent because she is so raw and natural that her songs are instantly engaging," says Kamila. "Every time I hear her songs I feel as if each song is a story that someone can relate to. What I love about her albums is that you can listen to each of them over and over again and never get tired of them."

What does Kamila think it will take for her to become the next Canadian Idol? "Firstly, it will take someone who can handle and maintain my hair everyday," she jokes. "Once that is taken care of, I think I will only have to stay true to myself, bring forth my best efforts and appreciate each moment that I am here in the competition."

CTV.ca | Kamila Miller

Re: Kamila Miller

MySpace page for Ms. Miller:

www.myspace.com/202288017

Here's the MetroNews profile on Kamila:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Kamila Miller

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Good performance to start. I like the shortening of her name to Mila. It was a good idea on her part to help stand out along with that hair. Too funny though that Ben had to tell her that it's his Mom's name too. Definately too young to remember the Mulroneys.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

elk

Although she is very beautiful, her singing sounded like two cats fighting to me. I also found her facial expressions hugely distracting and had to look away.

Meanwhile my cat was glued to the screen.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread