Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Hamilton, ON
    Nickname: B-Man
    Favourite Song: "The Show Must Go On" by Queen
    Couldn't Live Without: "My guitar"
    Would like to Meet: John Lennon
    Motto: "If you reach for the moon you'll probably hit the moon."

"Now I know I can do anything I set my mind to."

Brian's first taste of fame came when he performed backup for Shania Twain with his choir at the age of 17. But making it into this year's Top 22 is his biggest accomplishment. "It was the most unbelievable experience," he says. "I was completely overwhelmed and it was the best feeling in the world."

Brian would like to see U2 in concert and admires the band's lead singer, Bono, because "he is such an amazing songwriter and performer. He is true to himself and has always stood for what he believes in."

The greatest inspiration of Brian's life is his father and his family and friends are his biggest supporters. According to Brian, his family is actually more excited than he is about his participation in the show. "They are very proud of me."

Brian was surprised by how close you can get to people so quickly during the competition and feels that he's bonded with every member of this year's Top 22. "I honestly can't say I've bonded with just one person," he says. "I've gotten close to all of them. We are all experiencing the same rollercoaster ride and because of that, we have bonded very fast."

A fan of the Chicago Bears, chicken wings and the TV show "The Black Donnellys," Brian keeps active by playing golf, football and soccer. Brian feels that the song title that best describes him is "Bootylicous" by Destiny's Child.

For Brian, Canadian Idol is a "launching pad to more and more opportunity." He believes his stage presence, diversity and humbleness will help him become the next Canadian Idol.

CTV.ca | Brian Melo

Re: Brian Melo

Here's the MySpace page for Brian:

www.myspace.com/bemelo

I didn't think Brian was as great as the judges thought, though I did love his choice of song. Really, a good vocalist would have made more of it, as Zach mentioned.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I actually thought he was better than the judges thought. I liked Liam but I thought Brian was much more professional quality and clearly the best of the top 11. (Not necessarily going to be the best every week but I thought he was this week).

FORT Newbie

This Guy Is The Worse Of The Bunch....mind you ,there Aren't Many That Are Much Better,so Who Knows
    Last edited by Mariner; 07-04-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: lingo

He has gotten better every week, and I hope he wins. In my opinion he is the only one left that I would vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by bojach;2459972;
    This Guy Is The Worse Of The Bunch....mind you ,there Aren't Many That Are Much Better,so Who Knows
    Up until now it's seemed like Brian has been under the radar. He didn't have enough fans to keep him out of the B3 but most people thought he was pretty good. I'm actually taking it as a good sign that some people are beginning to hate him. It means he's stirring up an emotional reaction from people. This week he got a lot of love and suddenly he's become a threat and people are beginning to dislike him.

In Idol it's better to have people love and hate you than to ignore you.

FORT Fanatic

I really hope he wins. Of the final two I think he is likely to have the broadest appeal at this point, but Jaydee has a strong regional vote behind him.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I'm glad that Brian won. He converted me into a fan when he sang the Radiohead song. First time I voted this season until the finale when I voted for him again.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread