Montana Martin Iles

Hometown: Sainte-Julienne, QC
    Audition City: Montreal, QC
    Place of Birth: Montreal, QC
    Nickname: Mounts
    Favourite Song: 'Yesterday's Feelings' by The Used
    Would Like to Meet: Sonny Moore
    Motto: "Don't do that never ever again brainy boy."

"It sounds cliché but being chosen as a Top 22 competitor for Canadian Idol has been the biggest accomplishment of my life so far."

Although the entire Canadian Idol experience has been extremely rewarding for Montana, she would much rather be on stage in front of a crowd than just the four Idol judges. But when she found out she had made it into this year's Top 22, she was shocked. "(It was) so weird," she says. "It's the only thing I was able to think about."

Montana cites her father and her friends as her biggest supporters, but it is her cousin Joseph that has provided her with inspiration. "He gave me my first skateboard to learn on and got me interested in skateboarding."

When Montana is not skateboarding or singing she enjoys playing with her cat, playing guitar or writing poetry. Her favourite foods include vegetarian lasagna and poutine. She loves watching "A Clockwork Orange," "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Superstar." If she had to choose one article of clothing to not live without it, would be her hoodies.

A fan of musician Sonny Moore, Montana has been compared to artists Arianne Moffat and Björk. However, she feels that she has her own style and it is her personality that has helped get her this far in the competition. "I am not trying to be someone else -- I'm just being me."

CTV.ca | Montana Martin Iles

Re: Montana Martin Iles

Here's Montana's MetroNews profile:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Montana Martin Iles

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

She bugged me a lot in the Toronto show but her performance tonight just blew me away. She totally has to make Top 10.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

elk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2452840;
    She bugged me a lot in the Toronto show but her performance tonight just blew me away. She totally has to make Top 10.
    Agreed! I couldn't wait to get on my comupter this morning to post how awesome this young lady is! I have no idea what the heck she was singing, but it was so full of passion and extremely entertaining.

I think Miss Montana and Liam are the ones to watch this summer!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by elk;2453089;
    I think Miss Montana and Liam are the ones to watch this summer!
    I like them both but they're a bit hard to tell apart looks wise lol. I really enjoyed Montana's performance. I hope she can keep it up.

FORT Newbie

Is She For Real Or Is She Put In To Show How Bad This Show Really Is....original ?.....i Don't Think So.....anybody Could Go There And Act Strange...can She Sing Is The Question ?.....if She Can It Isn't Very Good,,,,but Sh'e Not The Only Oddball There......poor Canada If We Consider Strangeness As A Bigger Talent Over Singing Ability...no Wonder We Have Trouble Universally

may
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bojach;2459982;
    Is She For Real Or Is She Put In To Show How Bad This Show Really Is....original ?.....i Don't Think So.....anybody Could Go There And Act Strange...can She Sing Is The Question ?.....if She Can It Isn't Very Good,,,,but Sh'e Not The Only Oddball There......poor Canada If We Consider Strangeness As A Bigger Talent Over Singing Ability...no Wonder We Have Trouble Universally
    I agree. I thought this is a singing competition (as Simon always said) and I don't think Montana can sing well. This show is getting so bad that I fall asleep most of the time.

FORT Fanatic

Oye. What a poseur. She's might be unique to Canadian Idol but there are a ton of them out in the real world. Nothing new and fresh about her. Nor is there much in the way of singing talent and I like my Cdn Idols to have some.

Zao

I don't get her either.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

She seems to be trying just a little too hard to come across like a female version of Lukas Rossi for my tastes. And her singing is mediocre at best.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast