Hometown: Mission, BC
    Audition City: Vancouver, BC
    Place of Birth: Mission, BC
    Nickname: Rae-J or Car
    Favourite Song: "Into the Mystic" and "Ain't No Sunshine" by Van Morrison
    Couldn't Live Without: "Bamboo coffee substitute"
    Would Like to Meet: Bob Dylan
    Motto: "Live for the moment."

"This competition has given me hope and confidence. I also think it has opened me up to the real me -- flaws and all!"

When Carly found out she had made it into the Top 22, she admits that she "bawled like a big baby," she says. "I couldn't help it. I was so shocked and so happy!" She feels that learning from her mistakes and pushing her limits has helped get her this far in the competition.

Raised by her mom and step-dad and dad and step-mom, Carly cites all of her parents as her inspiration. "They're just amazing people and are my biggest supporters along with my brother and sister."

With Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer and David Grey at the top of her list of favourite artists, Carly would love to have a career like James Taylor. "He has this lasting career and followers of all ages," she says. "If you've been to one of his shows you can see that people really love his music and respect him. I couldn't ask for more than that."

Carly describes herself as "a gypsy at heart" and "loves days that end up like adventures." She also enjoys chocolate fondue and likes to cook -- although she confesses that she makes a mess and more often than not what she's making comes out a disaster.

People might be surprised to learn that Carly was born to be a world famous golfer. "On the day I was born, my grandfather had a dream I would win some sort of golfing championship. He has bought me golf gear every birthday since. Sorry to disappoint gramps...but I like to sing!"

Carly is most proud of her hometown because of the people. "Everyone from Mission seems to have a huge appreciation for music," she says. "It's a small city but within it is a beautiful theatre and one of the best summer music fests out there. I love that I was born here."

CTV.ca | Carly Rae Jepsen

Re: Carly Rae Jepsen

Here's Carly Rae's MetroNews profile:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Carly Rae Jepsen

FORT Fanatic

This girl is just so cutesy she makes my teeth hurt! I've seen some YouTube and MySpace clips of her and she's ok, but not terrific. She has a lot of fans though and she'll be around for awhile.

Everyone says she sounds like Jewel but there was someone else I was thinking she sounded more like. Then it hit me, Serena Ryder, she sounds like the poor man's Serena Ryder. She certainly came across as a first class drama queen the other night if not a Canadian Idol.

Here's the MySpace page for Carly's band The Bluemorris 6 Swing Band:

www.myspace.com/bluemorris

elk

I didn't want to like her - she is too cute and bubbly.

Then she gave that incredible performance during Toronto week.

And then, last night, I was so taken with her talent. She is not my favourite, however, she is up there for me.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by elk;2453093;
    I didn't want to like her - she is too cute and bubbly.
    Me too! She was good last night and at least she stood out but something about her bugs me. I hope she doesn't win CI this year but I can take her sticking around for a while.

FORT Fan

I think she's this years chosen one. If I was a betting man in Vegas she would be my pick to win it.

Arguably this season's worst Top 10 karaokean.
    'Huuutch!' - Starsky

FORT Fan

It depends on your point of view. She may not be a Whitney or Celine type vocalist but she is an individual and an artist. Jewel isn't an amazing singer, but she has her own style that appeals to people and that's what matters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast