Thread: Ritchea Hodge

Ritchea Hodge

Hometown: Brampton, ON
    Audition City: Oshawa, ON
    Place of Birth: Brampton, ON
    Favourite Song: "I have too many to even say!"
    Couldn't Live Without: "My stereo"
    Would Like to Meet: India.Arie

"I did not want the regret of knowing I did not follow through with auditioning. When I weighed the circumstances, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain!"

When Ritchea decided to try out for Canadian Idol, her goal was to be down to earth and real and she believes this outlook is what helped her get this far in the competition. "If I changed anything, the judges would have seen the wrong person and not the authentic Ritchea!"

Although this Grade 12 student recognizes that she is younger than other competitors, she hopes that she can contribute a lot to the show and wants to bring her originality. "I tend to put a twist on every song, making everything I sing mine," she says. "I don't like to compare myself to other people. I'd like to think my voice is original."

An avid writer, Ritchea hopes to some day have a career in journalism. She also enjoys numerous sports including track and field, volleyball and badminton.

Included in Ritchea's list of favourite artists are Boys II Men, Men of Standard and Brian McKnight in addition to India.Arie. "Her tone is raspy, which I love, and she works with what she's got," says Ritchea. "She looks into the deeper aspects of life, not just the surface or the material things. Joss Stone is amazing too and Deborah Cox!"

Ritchea started singing at the age of two but it wasn't until she was 12 that she started to take it more seriously. "I realized it's not just a talent thrown at me to do," she explains. "You can touch the lives of others while doing what you enjoy doing, and for me that is singing."

What should viewers know about Ritchea? "Canada will be astonished by what (this) 16-year-old is capable of doing!"

CTV.ca | Ritchea Hodge

Re: Ritchea Hodge

MySpace page for Ms. Hodge:

www.myspace.com/cheacrazycool

MetroNews profile on Ritchea Hodge:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Ritchea Hodge

There's speculation on some of the other Boards that Ritchea is the one who has dropped out. People are going by her Facebook profile and a number of people asking her there why she dropped out of CI. I guess we'll have to wait till Monday night to see if the speculation is correct or not.

Ritchea has bowed out of the competition due to personal reasons. She is being replaced by Scarlett Burke, who I don't remember at all.

Scarlett fever

elk

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2450653;
    She is being replaced by Scarlett Burke, who I don't remember at all.

Scarlett fever
    Isn't Scarlett the one who is romantically involved with another member of the top 22?
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread