Christine Hanlon

Hometown: Toronto, ON
    Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Rexdale, ON
    Nickname: Chrissy/Crazy/Rock Star/Hanlon
    Favourite Song: "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin
    Couldn't Live Without: "My stereo"
    Would like to Meet: Kurt Cobain
    Motto: "Be yourself and be true to your emotions no matter who you might hurt or offend because in the end you only have yourself."

"I'm passionate, diverse and ready to rock! Be prepared because I'm excited!"

For Christine, finding out she had made it into this year's Top 22 was an emotional experience. "I cried, fell to my knees, got up, wiped my tears and shook all of the judge's hands," she says. "They put me in the last cut and the emotional rollercoaster I was on came to a killer end once I knew I was in."

The competition helped Christine become more open to criticism and she believes that it will take dedication and a lot of hard work to become the next Canadian Idol.

A fan of scary movies including "The Exorcist" and "The Shining," Christine admires The Tragically Hip because they have remained true to their roots and to their fans and they have never let their fame go to their heads.

The most surprising part of the competition for her has been how many friends she has made. "I thought that I would go into this competition not meeting anyone like myself," she says. "But this year many of the musicians are exactly that; musicians. I have a lot more in common with a lot more people than I thought I would."

Christine draws her inspiration from her mother and is grateful to have the support of her family. "It really makes this journey a lot less stressful to know that the people I love are with me every step of the way," she says.

Viewers should know that Christine's passion is what drives her. "I strive for nothing less than what I believe to be my best performance every time."

CTV.ca | Christine Hanlon

Re: Christine Hanlon

Here's a link to a profile of Christine by Metro News:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Christine Hanlon

Re: Christine Hanlon

I'm glad she made it. I loved her rendition of BoRhap. I don't think the other sick girl they pitted her against should have gone home either. Annika seems much more generic to me than Jessica did.

+ Reply to Thread