Hometown: West Pubnico, NS
    Audition City: Halifax, NS
    Place of Birth: Halifax, NS
    Nickname: "I've never really had one."
    Favourite Song: "You or Somebody Like You" by Gordie Sampson
    Couldn't Live Without: "My guitar. Without question."
    Would like to Meet: George Carlin
    Motto: "Do what you do and never apologize for it."

"I don't think there's any one true recipe for success. Besides, nothing fun ever came from being a copycat."

For Dwight, the most challenging part of Canadian Idol has been putting down his guitar. However, he does believe it will force him to become a better performer -- along with receiving criticism from the judges. "I want the judges to tear me apart so that I can take their criticisms and use it to fill in the last few missing pieces that have prevented me from achieving real success so far," he says.

Although he felt a combination of joy, relief, excitement and sheer terror when he found out he had made it into the Top 22, Dwight says viewers can expect "focus and intensity with a touch of not-too-seriousness just for good measure" in the next stages of the competition.

"I have a very concrete sense of who I am and what I have to offer," says Dwight. "I'm just a regular guy from fairly humble beginnings who was too hard-headed to listen to the naysayers who said that I'd never make it in the music business."

Putting together and sustaining his band Never has been Dwight's biggest accomplishment and he likens it to being married to four different people at once. Dwight sees Canadian Idol as an opportunity for people to showcase their talents and receive national exposure that would otherwise be impossible to attain and regrets not getting involved with the show sooner.

The song that best describes him is "Wild Side" by Mötley Crüe: "I don't think I need to explain, do I?" Dwight also enjoys creamed lobster served on toast with French fries. It's "heart attack on a plate but so tasty."

CTV.ca | Dwight d'Eon

Re: Dwight d'Eon

MySpace page for Dwight's band, Never:

www.myspace.com/nevermusiccanada

I love maritime music and his music seems to have that flavour. I have high hopes for him.

Is this the guy who did the acoustic version of "Baby's Got Back"? Because that was seriously the high point of the show this season thus far.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

No Dwight wasn't the one. I believe Joel Martin is the guy who did Baby Got Back unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2449082;
    Is this the guy who did the acoustic version of "Baby's Got Back"? Because that was seriously the high point of the show this season thus far.
    That was definitely the high point. I'm really disappointed he's not in the top 22.

elk

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2449106;
    No Dwight wasn't the one. I believe Joel Martin is the guy who did Baby Got Back unplugged.
    Disappointed that Joel didn't make it.

I guess Dwight was okay, maybe I need another listen to his performance or maybe I need to stop looking at his gorgeous sad eyes!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

I loved his song choice this week. He didn't do as well as I think maybe he could have but it showed real promise. He was my third favourite and I voted the most for him because I want to see him stick around.

FORT Newbie

Another Ok Singer....no Wow Factor....may Make The Bar Scene

+ Reply to Thread