Hometown: Sherbrooke, QC
    Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Sherbrooke, QC
    Nickname: Janjan or Coussa
    Favourite Song: 'Possession' by Sarah McLachlan
    Couldn't Live Without: "My iPod"
    Would Like to Meet: "My Grandmother"
    Motto: "I smile because I have freedom in my pocket!"

"Before I started Canadian Idol, I told myself that I needed to stay focused and to always remember that fear kills spirit. I'm here to have fun, learn and live every moment like it's my last."

Maud's family has been extremely supportive throughout the entire Canadian Idol process. "They were proud of me and helped me with this journey. They couldn't believe it when I received my gold ticket. They knew I was talented but never imagined that I would ever make it this far."

When Maud was 15 years old, she received a guitar and started emulating Alanis Morissette. She taught herself to play and has been composing music ever since. "I have had to learn how to sing and perform without my guitar," she says. "In my old band, SMILE, I never sang without it, so I am still learning what exactly I am supposed to do with my hands."

The Canadian Idol competition has done a lot for Maud. "I was going through a really hard time in my life and it helped me get through it," she explains. "It also helped me mature and allowed me to realize that music is what I want to do with life. I now feel stronger, better and even more eager to strive for my goals."

In her spare time Maud likes to paint, play with her cat and watch her favourite TV show, Lost. While spending some time in Hawaii last year, Maud attempted to surf but the waves proved to be too big for her to land a successful run. That experience may seem like a setback but it hasn't deterred Maud from her love for swimming and water sports.

What Maud loves most about Canadian Idol is that "it gives young people the opportunity to sing in front of a panel of experts," she says. "It helps people gain confidence and competitors are encouraged to believe in their dreams allowing them to become better performing artists."

CTV.ca | Maud Coussa-Jandl

Re: Maud Coussa-Jandl

MySpace page for Maud (and Phil):

www.myspace.com/maudphil

Re: Maud Coussa-Jandl

Here's Maud's MetroNews profile:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Maud Coussa-Jandl

+ Reply to Thread