Hometown: Victoria, BC
    Audition City: Vancouver, BC
    Place of Birth: Victoria, BC
    Nickname: Captain Chang
    Favourite Song: "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
    Couldn't Live Without: "My lucky ring and my guitar"
    Would Like to Meet: "My Uncle Eric"
    Motto: "Society cultivates dead minds."

"The Canadian Idol audition experience has made me a better person in so many ways. It has given me more self confidence than I ever could have imagined."

Currently a Grade 11 student at St. Andrews Regional High School in Victoria, Liam spends most of his time singing in his band, Two Asians and a White Guy. He also enjoys hanging out with his friends and creating anything artistic, including paintings, stories and pictures.

Liam draws a lot of his inspiration from his deceased uncle, Eric Robert Budgell. Before Liam was born, his uncle picked his name and also predicted that he would become a musician and an artist. "My uncle Eric has not been conventionally inspirational in my life, but his spirit motivates me everyday do my best and make music my life," he says.

Throughout the Top 200 competition, Liam realized that he possesses a lot of perseverance. But he was initially surprised when he found out he had made it into the Top 22. "I think (my family) feels I can win, but I'm not so sure what I believe I can do yet," says Liam. "I still have a long way to go and a lot of confidence to build."

With his family among his biggest supporters, Liam believes it is his "unconditional love of singing and music and my ability to get along with people" that has helped him get this far in the competition.

Tremendously proud of his hometown of Victoria, BC, Liam believes it will always be his home no matter where he goes because "it welcomes me every time I return."

A fan of the band AFI, Liam also loves French fries and couldn't live without his lucky ring, his guitar and all of his hoodies.

CTV.ca | Liam Styles Chang

Re: Liam Styles Chang

MySpace page for Liam's band, Two Asians and A White Guy:

www.myspace.com/tawg

Here's the MetroNews profile on Liam:

Canadian Idol spotlight: Liam Styles Chang

elk

I may eat my words later on (yum!) but right now, this guy is my favorite. I truly enjoyed his performance last night. The arrangement was so original and his voice is so smooth.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

may
    FORT Regular

He got very little airtime during the auditions. I can see him go as far as the top 5. Unique, smooth, good voice, way to go.

It's hard to believe he's 16 - though his performance did show a bit of 16-year-old awkwardness. He was great though. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Vancouver, by way of The Island of Misfit Toys

I can't believe Liam went home he was my favourite this year, a real original with talent who could be a HUGE star. He has a voice like Billy Joe Armstrong and if he fronted a Panic! At the Disco type emoband he could leave Hedley in his dust
    MAY THE FIERCE BE WITH YOU!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!
    ***I'm gayer than Ikea on Superbowl weekend***

elk

I was disappointed he was cut. Liam's voice is so smooth....
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

may
    FORT Regular

I was totally disappointed. I hope Liam will come back next year.

FORT Fanatic

I wasn't particularly disappointed. He's cute and has a nice voice but he was regressing instead of progressing on the show. He'll be much better in a couple of years so I hope he comes back then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast