+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naomi-Joy Blackhall

Naomi-Joy Blackhall

Hometown: Halifax, NS
    Audition City: Halifax, NS
    Place of Birth: Toronto, ON
    Nickname: Nay Nay or Queen of Spades
    Favourite Song: Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle; I Can't Tell You No by Rod Stewart
    Could Not Live Without: "Vaseline, believe it or not!"
    Would Like to Meet: "My great grandmother"
    Motto: "No Day but Today."

"When viewers see me for the first time they will probably expect me to be a black female R&B singer...they will be very surprised when they discover that I am an intense rock vocalist that can wail and rock just as hard as any male vocalist."

As a result of Canadian Idol, Naomi has realized "just how passionate I am about performing and winning," she says. "I never thought I would want something like this so badly, but now I want it more than anything."

If Naomi could see one artist in concert it would be a progressive metal band from the Netherlands, After Forever. "Their female vocalist has such an incredible voice," says Naomi. "Her range is unbelievable and she can sing rock, pop, and opera -- it blows my mind. Their music describes everything about me and speaks to me on a whole other level."

Naomi is very thankful for the opportunity that she has been given but understands that the Canadian Idol competition is only the beginning stages of a long and successful music career. "No one can start from the bottom of a staircase and jump right to the top. You can only reach the top one step at a time. If you try and take too many steps at a time you will definitely hurt yourself or trip."

When not working as an Account Manager at Staples, Naomi enjoys spending time with her two-year-old daughter, eating gourmet pizza and lounging around in her pajamas. Her favourite TV shows are "South Park," "Family Guy" and "Desperate Housewives." She also enjoys wearing the colour red, because "it represents everything I am most passionate about."

During the Top 200 week, Naomi received some words of wisdom from a particular Canadian Idol judge that really put the competition into perspective for her. "(I was told) it is not enough to want to be a star, you've got to act like one and find the spotlight and step right into it."

CTV.ca | Naomi-Joy Blackhall

Re: Naomi-Joy Blackhall

Here's the MySpace page for Naomi's band Timechild:

www.myspace.com/timechild

+ Reply to Thread