Updated Tue. Jun. 19 2007 6:09 PM ET

Hometown: Sarnia, ON
    Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Scarborough, ON
    Nickname: Hums and Anj
    Favourite Song: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
    Couldn't Live Without: "My acoustic guitar"
    Would like to Meet: John Lennon
    Motto: "If your intentions are pure and you remember why you got into it in the first place, then you'll be OK."

"Canadian Idol is important because it is a huge opportunity for singers and musicians across the country to show their stuff. The show is consistently trying to help and promote Canadian talent in improved ways."

Andrew has a degree in Computer Science from the University of Western Ontario but after graduation, he changed his focus and began concentrating on writing music and performing. After auditioning for the show last season and coming up short of a Top 22 spot, Andrew is "proud of the way I have attacked the fears and insecurities I experienced last year."

After losing his father at the age of three to cancer, Andrew cites his mom as his greatest inspiration. "My mom is the coolest lady," he says. "She has been through some tough times and it is amazing to look back at what she has been through and imagine if I would react as well as she did. She is truly amazing."

For Andrew, his Canadian Idol hopes lie with the fans. "I am going to work really hard to be an exciting performer on the show. I hope to be someone who people want to see again and again. I promise not to disappoint."

Some of Andrew's favourite things include the TV show "Lost," the movie "Fight Club," sandwiches, the Detroit Pistons, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Canadiens.

His reaction to making into this year's Top 22? "I'm going to use a word that hasn't been invented: relextupendiferous, he says. "It's a combination of ecstatic, stupendous, magnificent and maybe also a hint of relief. If I didn't make it again I would've been pretty down, so among the excitement and goodness was some relief!"

CTV.ca | Andrew Austin

Re: Andrew Austin

MySpace page for Mr. Austin:

www.myspace.com/andrewaustinmusic

FORT Fanatic

His mom is a judge in Sarnia and is actively involved with a local organization that does work in 3rd world countries.

FORT Fanatic

Too bad he got voted out so early but he was never going to win anyway. His image didn't do him any favours! Boy, he looked schlumpy tonight standing there in a ratty old tee and saggy jeans. I know the performance should be most important but a somewhat smarter look would have helped him.

+ Reply to Thread