+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Schedule

FORT Fanatic

2007 Schedule

CTV has posted the schedule for this year's show here.

TV Schedule
    Updated Fri. Jun. 1 2007 1:38 PM ET

Canadian Idol kicks off on June 5 with two weeks of audition shows featuring some of the 10,000 competitors who auditioned across Canada. In Week 3, two back-to-back "Top 200" episodes lead to the reveal of the Top 22, followed by the start of live performance and results episodes in Week 4.

Back for Season 5 is host Ben Mulroney who, along with judges Farley Flex, Jake Gold, Sass Jordan and Zack Werner, welcomes new roving reporter, comedian Dave Kerr.

Premieres Tuesday, June 5 with 90-minute audition episode, 8 - 9:30 p.m. (featuring Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Winnipeg, St. John's and Halifax)
    Continues Tuesday, June 12 with 90-minute audition episode, 8 - 9:30 p.m. (Saskatoon, Montreal, Vancouver and London)
    Top 200 episodes air Monday, June 18 from 8-9 p.m. and Tuesday, June 19 from 8 - 9:30 p.m.
    Top 22 performance episodes air Mondays/Tuesdays from 8 p.m. beginning June 25
    Top 22 results episodes air Wednesdays from 7:30 - 8 p.m. beginning June 27
    Top 10 week one airs Tuesday, July 17 from 8:30 - 10 p.m. and Wednesday, July 18 from 7:30 - 8 p.m.
    Top 10 shows move to their regular timeslot on Mondays from 9 - 10 p.m. and Tuesdays from 8:30 - 9 p.m., beginning July 23

Re: 2007 Schedule

Less than 10 hours to go!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Wish I could watch this...

I must say I kind of like how the first episode's starting. It's all about glam and pumping up the viewers.

FORT Fanatic

Pretty good show tonight. Looks encouraging with some of the singers they showed getting gold tickets. I was surprised, with all the noise they've made about playing instruments for the auditions, that they didn't show all that many auditioning with them. Mind you, if those two rockers from Winnipeg with guitars were an example, I'm just as glad we didn't see too many!

The one that stood out for me last night was Jaydee from Red Deer. He has a wonderful sound but I'm not sure about him being a star as the judges told him. If he works on his confidence (he comes across as very shy), he might be though.

elk

I was pleasantly surprised. Last year, I found dull (in fact I only truly enjoyed the first two seasons), but after a lackluster (imo) season 6 of AI, this was truly entertaining.

I liked the bit with the judges defining those terms we've heard tossed around in both Idol shows and using auditioners for examples. What a great idea!

I loved the one guy who accompanied himself by guitar in the last 15 minutes of the show. Does anyone recall his name? I'd like to follow his progress.

Is there anyway we can please get this in a thread other than "Shows we no longer cover" ?
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowWindy
    The one that stood out for me last night was Jaydee from Red Deer. He has a wonderful sound but I'm not sure about him being a star as the judges told him. If he works on his confidence (he comes across as very shy), he might be though.
    He was a cutie alright, but that's exactly what worries me about him. The tweens are going to glom onto him whether he turns out to be any good or not and one of the better, older performers might get bumped. He's only 16. I really wish they'd raise the age up to at least 18. If he's good at 16, he'll only get better in a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by elk
    I liked the bit with the judges defining those terms we've heard tossed around in both Idol shows and using auditioners for examples. What a great idea!

I loved the one guy who accompanied himself by guitar in the last 15 minutes of the show. Does anyone recall his name? I'd like to follow his progress.
    I enjoyed that judge's bit too. It reminded me of last year when they worked with a guy to quit his melisma and he sounded so much better when he just sang the song.

There were a couple of guys with guitars. The blond guy who sang with his guitar and then the judges asked him to sing without it was Tyler Mullendore. He's getting an awful lot of attention on the CTV boards although he didn't particularly turn my crank. The other guy from Nova Scotia who sang with a band and got his ticket immediately without even any comments from the judges was Dwight D'eon. I was pretty impressed with him and his professionalism. He'll probably do well.

elk

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2433453;
    The other guy from Nova Scotia who sang with a band and got his ticket immediately without even any comments from the judges was Dwight D'eon. I was pretty impressed with him and his professionalism. He'll probably do well.
    I think this is the guy I really liked. His voice gave me shivers; then I opened my eyes and saw he was kind of hot to boot. Doesn't hurt!

BTW, thanks, Stickle, for resurecting this thread and the info on the schedule you've provided.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by elk;2433868;
    I think this is the guy I really liked. His voice gave me shivers; then I opened my eyes and saw he was kind of hot to boot. Doesn't hurt!
    For sure!!
    BTW, thanks, Stickle, for resurecting this thread and the info on the schedule you've provided.
    Maybe, hopefully, this season will turn out to be a good one and it will capture the attention of lots of people again. I remember back in Season 2, the board was just humming with lots of people posting and it was so much fun. Unfortunately, the quality of the next two years wasn't even close and all the boards, not just this one, really suffered. The producers and judges are sure excited about this year (mind you they say that every year!), saying they think the calibre of the performers is close to Kalan's year. Quite a number of p.o.'d auditioners posted on the CTV board that they were told they were good but not good enough as the benchmark had been raised this year to Kalan and/or Eva quality. So maybe.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast