+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Closest Results Ever

FORT Fanatic

Closest Results Ever

This article from CTV http://www.ccnmatthews.com/news/rele...tionFor=612100 says the the winner wins by only a 3% margin. The votes from eastern Canada ended in a virtual tie so the decision is basically going to be made from Western Canada. Did anybody from the west vote? Who did you vote for?

This is surprising because I found that Eva was clearly better that Craig. I guess most of the voters didn't see it that way. So we will just have to wait to see the results.

I'm glad that it's a close race. That may mean that both finalists will do ok in the future. Eva appeared to be the frontrunner but Craig sure pulled up his socks and gained momentum after the last few shows. Both have improved since the beginning.

I'll be happy for either to win.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    This.. baffles me. How is it even remotely possible that the voting is so close? Eva is to Craig as Gold is to Dirt. There just isn't any comparison at all. Eva is a true, incredible talent whereas Craig is nothing more than ridiculously average.

The only explanation that I have for this is the demographic that watches the show, that demographic being tweeny girls who want to see more of a moderately talented, cute boy. I seriously seriously cannot imagine any sane person voting for Craig over Eva (other than his family and friends, of course)

I'm floored.

Unfortunately, OrangeDingo, reality shows like this can be swayed by almost anything. The most talented person does not win. It is for the most popular person, which doesn't mean they are the best out of the bunch. If that were so, there would be a couple of others who may have ended up in the final 2.

The judges sway voting with their comments. Chat rooms sway votes. Boards hoping to squew numbers vote for the worst person just to mess with everything.

If it were to be more of a true showing of talent, then the judges would be able to take the numbers from the public into consideration, and then use their professional expertise to choose the best. Who they think deserves to win rather than who the public is smitten with at the moment.

As in how Rockstar works. The Band ultimately makes the choice, taking public voting into consideration. But not as the final decision maker.

Anyway, I'd have to disagree with you. I think Craig deserves to be there with Ava. He has also improved as much as she. And he ended up garnering just as many votes from the public as she. That's the way it works. Two very different finalists for sure. But each has their own audience and style.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo View Post
    This.. baffles me. How is it even remotely possible that the voting is so close? Eva is to Craig as Gold is to Dirt. There just isn't any comparison at all. Eva is a true, incredible talent whereas Craig is nothing more than ridiculously average.

The only explanation that I have for this is the demographic that watches the show, that demographic being tweeny girls who want to see more of a moderately talented, cute boy. I seriously seriously cannot imagine any sane person voting for Craig over Eva (other than his family and friends, of course)

I'm floored.
    Couldn't agree more. But as much or more than the tweeny girl effect is the Newfoundland and east coast effect . It can't be denied as every year, contestants from there have stayed longer than more talented contestants from elsewhere. This year, radio, t.v. and press was saturated with Vote for Craig ads and reminders. Buses went to smaller towns to pick up voters (as well as many many of them driving themselves) to take them to bigger towns and St John's where they could use public payphones and get more votes in. Firetrucks drove up and down the streets blaring Vote for Craig. It's all fine and good to root for the hometown boy, but they really take it overboard.

next time you should only be able to vote if you pre-purchase a CD of the person for whom you are voting that should thin the herd a bit
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread