+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

9/11 Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until midnight EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien
    Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until midnight EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.
    Hi IdolCanadien, good to see you on the job again tonight!

Craig starts the show with the CI single Meant To Fly. It's not your typical Idol anthem with choirs and choruses that repeat and repeat. It's not the dreck they stuck Ryan or Kalan with but I'm not that impressed with Craig's vocalizing of the song. I've not been a fan of his and this song won't win me over. If you're a Craig fan I'm sure you'll love it and will buy it and play it, I won't however.

Jake - that was without a doubt the best thing you've ever done on the show

Sass - WOW unbelievably great, I had chills WOW

Farley - to step up at this point in time shows you're a man who can be respected

Zak - I've only got this to say (then he runs up and hugs Craig)
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 09-11-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle View Post
    Hi IdolCanadien, good to see you on the job again tonight!
    Hi Stickle, I'm not sure why I'm here really, I don't really care for either of the final 2 but it's the last Monday night till next summer so what the heck!

Canada AM will have CI Top 10 reunion show on Friday morning.

Eva follow with Natasha Bevington's (spelling?) Wild Horses. It's a boring song and I've never heard it before. Eva is delusional if she thinks this song will win over converts she didn't have before tonight. I hope she has a better song in the bag for later if she's wanting new people to vote for her.

Sass - you are an international calibre artist and a jewel in the CI crown

Farley - it was incredibly mature and incredibly Eva, so well done

Zak - not sure how a brilliant a choice it was, it was cool but you haven't won a Grammy yet

Jake - you're letting people in to a little peek of the artist you'll be and you did it very well

Craig's second performance is Celine Dion's I Surrender. I can't tell you how much I detest this song (& Celine Dion). Craig's vocal isn't the greatest on this song either to my ears (they hurt listening). His performance is overwrought (like Celine's). Two down for me and no reason for him to win at least on what he's done tonight.

Farley - you're making a career for yourself here and now

Zak - you're the Freddy Mercury of Canada

Jake - very brave to do that song again, I thought at times the band overpowered you but a good performance

Sass - you broke out of your shell Craig, God bless you

Eva's second song was the best of the evening so far. What's with Farley Flex outfit he looks like a ringmaster at a circus.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 09-11-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Eva sings her version of Meant To Fly. The song will be released next Monday according to Ben. I'm not sure but I think I might have liked Craig's version a bit more than Eva's. The way Eva is doing it doesn't impress me at all. It's overwrought like Craig's version of I Surrender. Maybe the song is pure dreck after all. I'm sure there won't be a club mix or extended disco version no matter which version gets released. Still no reason for me to vote for Eva (or Craig) tonight.

Zak - first half of song didn't show all the colours of your voice but the second half there's nobody on any Idol show like Eva Avila

Jake - Craig's was a power ballad but your's was totally different, I'd love to hear the recorded version of it

Sass - your song, you delivered it like a Goddess

Farley - you showed versatility and the various styles you can sing you're a songwriter's dream.

FORT Fanatic
    Hmm, I'm anxious to hear the Idol song now after your comments.

Craig's last song tonight is Rascal Flats' What Hurts The Most. I didn't like this song when he first sang it and I'm still in the don't like it camp tonight. The biggest difference tonight is Craig is no longer a tattooed bottle blond skuzzy kid. He's now a bottle brown, made up, dressed up kid who hides his tattoos under leather sports coats. Is he a Canadian Idol? No not in my opinion.

Jake - not the best performance tonight but you did a great version

Sass - the first time I saw you I thought you were a star and that hasn't changed

Farley - good job you have an amazing range

Zak - you didn't necessarily kill that, you chose that to be the defining moment and that's okay right now right then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast