+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/5 Top 3 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

9/5 Top 3 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until midnight EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

FORT Fanatic
    Yay Idol!! Can't imagine what you're going to post about tonight. It's gonna be a hella lot of filler with a one hour show.

FORT Fanatic
    What' happened so far? Noone watching and reporting?

Good God this has been a waste of time. Tony sings at the beginning as do the Idols and then it's filler, filler and more filler but it isn't good filler. Then to waste more time the 3 Idols sing again (no not something different but one of the same songs they sang last night). Craig doesn't even reprise Danny Boy but the more uneven The Way You Look Tonight. I didn't like it last night and I still don't really like it tonight.

If the show hasn't aired in your time zone yet, watch the Tony Bennett songs at the beginning then you can do something else until the :50 minute time on the hour. You won't have missed much unless you love Elena Juatco, Kraft Dinner and seeing the Idols walk around Manhattan (I don't love any of it).

Oh Ben's parents are in the audience and he introduces Tony Bennett to them. Tony thanks Brian Mulroney for doing such a wonderful job for this country. The other funny moment at the start of the show is when Ben asks Tony what he thought of the Top 3 and Tony looked puzzled and asked who? Ben had to explain Craig, Eva & Tyler were the Top 3 on Canadian Idol and Tony then understood who Ben was talking about. Tony took it well and laughed as did Ben and the entire audience.

Now for the results:

Craig - safe

Eva - safe

Tyler - going home tonight

While I've never been a fan of either Tyler or Craig I don't think Craig deserves to be in the final. He's been too uneven. With Tyler what you got from night one is what he delivered every week. It's a shame he's leaving tonight though he may benefit from not being in the final in the long run (ie. Jacob Hoggard).

Tyler made a very classy exit. Eva looked genuinely sad to see him go. Zak took him up to the front of the stage and made the audience applaud him again. It appeared to me the judges thought highly of Tyler as they all went up to him and gave him a brief talking to, encouraging him to continue etc.

I was impressed on how all the judges made their way on stage to talk with all the contestants before the finale next week.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    I'm still shocked Ashley Coulter is gone.

FORT Fanatic
    There is no question that Tyler has done a better job than Craig over the last two weeks and especially last night. Craig just seems to lack the confidence when he's singing. he doesn't own the songs - maybe in a year or two, but at this point I think Eva has it in the bag. I can't really complain about Tyler going as I couldn't be bothered to vote, but I do wish it had turned out differently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast