+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/04 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

9/04 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until after midnight EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

There was a video on Tony Bennett who's releasing a CD of duets with aging Pop Stars (Paul McCartney, KD Lang, Elton John, Bono et al).

Craig Sharpe is up first who was nervous meeting Tony. He sings The Way You Look Tonight (a number that Theresa Sokyrka did two years ago. During the video with Tony, Craig had grown a bit of facial hair but that is shaved off and his eye-brows plucked to within an inch of their life. The song suits his voice but once again I don't get any feeling from his performance. He sounds good but no conviction in his performance for me. Just okay.

Jake - really nervous and it really showed, I didn't feel you got into the song and you've got another shot at another song

Sass- to me it went over the moon half way through, you're a 16 year old kid you sang great

Farley - have as much fun as possible, it's all about the vibe you set

Zak - I wanna come up there and give you a shake, come out here next time a be a star dude!

I wasn't that impressed.

Eva Avila sings second. She sings God Bless The Child (by Billie Holiday, Diana Ross and bunch of other female artists). She's singing well and for once isn't smiling during a tear breaker of a song. She looks really good tonight.

Sass - you just did something that people can only do when they're born with it, she's only 19

Farley - that was unbelievable, your phrasing was so imaginative, wonderful performance

Zak - well let's not get carried away with the coronation. No disrepesct to Kalan Porter but he's no Eva Avila

Jake - shout out to the band, the thing I liked was the poise and you showed so much poise, it was just enchanting to me.

That was great.

I wasn't that impressed with Eva in the first few weeks of the show but the last few weeks she has really worked her thing out and has totally won me over. She was fabulous on that GBTC number.

I see a train wreck. He could have picked a better song.

Tyler Lewis has the pimp spot. Tony tells him he looks great on TV that he's such a handsome guy. He's singing Just A Giggolo/I Ain't Got Nobody by David Lee Roth. He does look great tonight but he's very awkward looking on the stage. He's almost talking part of the song and then singing some of the other parts. It's a very weird and inconsistent performance in my book. Some of it was okay some of it wasn't.

Farley - the most votes on body movement on Idol

Zak - Ben just dropped to second place on the Elvis lookalike contest, you might have won Canada's NExt Top Model

Jake - you had tons of fun with it, good job my friend.

Tyler - that was the most out there you've been on the entire show, I loved that

Craig was better in the second song.

Craig Sharpe's second song is Danny Boy. Tony tells him to keep the tone to an intimate level and not to belt it out. He took Tony's advice and he's sung it perfectly. A great song choice for him and a great performance.

Zak - I'm so happy fantastically proud you did that, your fans should vote early and vote often

Jake - Farley & I both love that song you really connected with it

Sass - you made my friend Suzanne cry

Farley - it was a really good song selection I love the song and you did it really well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast