+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/04 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien View Post
    He sings The Way You Look Tonight (a number that Theresa Sokyrka did two years ago.)
    Just a nitpicky correction here - it was Kalan who sang the song two years ago, and sang it great!

Thanks for the spoilers. Much appreciated.

Eva chose They Can't Take That Away From Me as her second song. She must be channeling Sokyrka as she breaks into a scat during the musical interlude. She's doing fine but she should have sung this song first and ended her night with God Bless The Child, she did that song much better.

Jake - you look great it wasn't as good as the last one but it was really really strong

Sass - priceless

Farley - let the audience vote for me ( Cheers and applause)

Zak - you've done my favorite and least favorite performance in the same night tonight.

I would be very surprised if Eva doesn't become the next Canadian Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle View Post
    Just a nitpicky correction here - it was Kalan who sang the song two years ago, and sang it great!

Thanks for the spoilers. Much appreciated.
    You're right I had a brain fart!

Tyler chose It Had To Be You as his last song for the night. He's doing a much better job on this song. He even acknowledges the orchestra during the song. He doesn't look at all awkward during this performance and the boy looks good in a dark suit. Very well done.

Sass - how great was that, I'm speechless, Tyler it has to be you baby

Farley - I'm proud of all 3 of you guys, you really took it by the horns and performed Vegas style

Zak - you come off as a regular on the Ed Sullivan show night after night, good for you, it's a dog fight to the end and you belong in it

Jake - Tyler don't rock Tyler swings!

Tyler was much better in the second song. Idol Canadien you are doing a very good job with the recaps.

I'm almost always wrong but I predict Craig will go home tomorrow night leaving Tyler & Eva to fight it out during the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef View Post
    Tyler was much better in the second song. Idol Canadien you are doing a very good job with the recaps.
    Thanks, me and my carpal tunnel syndrome thank you very much!

FORT Fogey
    Well, in the intro, Zack did a backhanded slag of Jacob by repeating the comment he made to him back in CI2 that "winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing".

Sorry, Zack, but reality doesn't seem to match up with your pompous rhetoric. Not only does 3rd-place finisher Jacob have a far larger international following than winner Kalan, but if his CD hasn't already outsold Kalan's by now, it will once it is officially released in the U.S. this month. Season 1 winner Ryan has been dumped by his record label and season 3 runner-up Rex is outselling season 3 winner Melissa.

Winning CI doesn't mean much does it?

And there Zack goes later, slagging Kalan as well, while pimping Eva.

Tomorrow night will be a one hour show with Tony Bennett live. I wouldn't mind going down and seeing him performing myself. I guess they'll have Tony sing a few numbers and the Idols will sing one or two. Hopefully they have something more than Elena Juatco sketches to fill up the hour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast