+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/04 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Kati Durst sings I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack). I didn't like it at the beginning but she really started going to town on the song towards the end and it saved it for me. On the whole she deserves to stay another week.

Sass - that was your most confident performance so far, awesome good job

Farley - I really really enjoyed that performance

Zak - I really really didn't enjoy that performance, your eyes were closed for 90% of that performance I honestly feel like that folk singery coolness is overshadowed

Jake - I disagree it was natural and her charm is her folksinging thing and you were great

scotty, Kati is a good example of the judges' irrationalty in criticism. Farley, Sass & Jake loved it because she's a folksinger and Zak hated it but because he didn't feel it was true to a folk singer style. Why wasn't she told to sing something different and get out of her safe zone?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien View Post
    Steffi D sings White Flag (Dido). She's dressed more like Liza than a Grease 2 extra tonight. She really does this well, she's strong yet vulnerable and is knocking the song out of the park!

Absolutely agree...Also agree with post #22

FORT Fanatic
    Ashley Coles...Better than last week but still don't like her too much...no reason really though

Ashley Coles sings Misery. I didn't like her last week but tonight I'm more into what she's singing. I'm not a fan but I think she's so much better than last week and she deserves to stay just for that alone.

Farley - song is tough to sing, i liked that sharp tone in your voice

Zak - first half of the song was forgettable then you did something really cool

Jake - you really redeemed yourself from last week, you made it believable

Sass - I think you can know misery at any age, you showed the most improvement since last week you had the foresight to do that bit whispering and that's how you get attention whispering not screaming

FORT Fanatic
    Alyssa...Taking a big chance and should be safe just because of bravery...also she is not doing too bad on the song...Magic Carpet Ride.......Oldie but not goodie for competition....

Alyssa Klazek is singing Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride. She's another one who is better than last week's dreary performance. I'm not sure this is the right song to sing with a piano, it would be much better with a band behind her. I'm not thinking this is enough to keep her out of the bottom 4 or even the bottom 2 tonight.

Zak - I wonder why we didn't put someone else through, if you can't say anything nice say nothing at all.

Jake - it was brave what you did you didn't pull it off

Sass - it sounds weird with the piano, your over announciation makes it sound like a concerto instead of a rock song

Farley - I loved you in audition and fought hard to get you here and I think you've got more in you we haven't seen yet.

yayy Nancy on next!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien View Post

Sass - it sounds weird with the piano, your over announciation makes it sound like a concerto instead of a rock song

I actually have to agree with Sass on this one.

Is this the girl who did the Jann Arden # last week..

FORT Fanatic
    Nancy...This goes over very well at the Appolo...but Canadians...(I Think)...don't like that over doing it too much...She will be safe for another week however.

I don't like it anyway Again no reason at all except for the overdoing it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast