+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

6/27 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread only until 12.30am.

Thanks and enjoy the show.
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 06-27-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Farley isn't there tonight as he's attending his daughter Mikah's 8th grade graduation.

Ashley Coles is up first. She's singing Alone by Heart. I think it's the wrong song for her as she goes all screechy in the high parts. If she makes it past tonight it will probably (hopefully) be her weakest performance. She isn't one of my favourites of the girls so I wish her luck.

Jake - that song I probably would have waited till you had a band, it was sung by two former Idol winners, I would have chosen a different song
    Sass - a little bit beyond your vocal ability
    Zak - you have certain skills that no one else in this group possesses and you should be here long enough to sing with the band

Ok seriously! Ashley Coles was pitchy, screamy and she oversang the song to death. Is Zach on crack tonight?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Kati Durst doesn't own a TV but goes to her friends and family when she wants to watch.

She's singing Lost In Your Rock & Roll (the Neville Brothers song). I find this song overdone on Idol shows especially CI. She goes flat every so often and I'm not feeling anything from her performance. As Simon would say it's karaoke.
    Not at all worthy of being with the guys from last night.

Sass - some nice shiny moments but it lacked the spark you're capable of

Zak - if you survive you just gotta be Kati

Jake - I thought she took that song and made it more of a folksong. I didn't like the song choice but good job for you.

Alyssa Klazek fell in love with the glasses wearing red haired guy who's in the audience watching her (I don't recall his name).

She's singing Ready For Love by Indie Aria. She's emotionless for someone apparently in love. She's not at all watchable just stands there and sings without much passion.

Zak - give you props on the honesty of it. Vocally you came up way way way short

Jake - I felt you took the soul out of the song and I didn't feel it

Sass - you're the wild child and I love to see someone in love singing about it

So far there hasn't been anyone of the girls who's come close in performance or style of the worst of the guys last night. I hope there's at least five good women singers tonight. 8 more to come I'm sure we'll get some good performances (at least I hope so).

Kati was OK. I didn't dig her Princess Leia hair in the pre-interview, I didn't like the shirt she was wearing tonight - for some reason the sight of her belly button through the gauzy green fabric was a total ick for me.

as for freaky lookin' Alyssa .. I like her tone, she has good tone... BAD style. I can't wait to see what a stylist does with her.

Coming up is the french girl and Steffi D.. who looks like she just stepped out of a 1950's movie .. or Pleasantville

I hope so too IC

FORT Fanatic
    Hi IdolCanadien:

I agree with you about Ashleyto a point, Duxxy has it more to the point though. She is not the worst of the three first up so should be safe for another day. Hopefully she will show us a better performance.

Kati--Drift Away...I think that she is going to drift away with that one.

Alyssa...Sorry she may be drifting faster than Kati

Valery... singing a great song and doing a fine job. Overdoing it a bit but will be safe I hope.

Valerie Jalbert follows the terrible trio. She can't live without music.

She's singing a ballad that I have no idea what it is called. She's got a powerful set of pipes. She's a bit overdramatic in parts of the song but it's the best performance I've seen yet tonight.

Jake - it's really great to have you back, you're better than ever, you're singing the kind of music you love

Sass - you have some of the sweetest spots in your voice but you have little cry pieces

Zak - overly emotional you're almost acty, there are some exceptional things you do. This was a really good choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast