+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I enjoyed the men more than the ladies tonight. Too many ballads. I would have preferred a little more spunk throughout. Steffi surprised me. And I like Ashley Coulter. I'm thinking there are more talented guys than girls this time around. I need to watch them perform a few more times though to get really excited about anyone in particular.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought there was more depth to the men - I liked 9 of the 11 but it made it easier for me to know which women I liked. I don't usually like female singers because they often show very little personality. I actually voted tonight which was rare for me because there are 3 that I'd like to see more of and most that I don't really want to see more of.

I loved Nancy Silverman. Finally a woman with personality!
    I also voted for Steffi and Ashley (#11). I'm not sure if I'll continue to like Ashley but I liked the song she did. Steffi is going to have to show how she can be modern if she wants to make the top 10 though.
    I also voted for Kati even though I she didn't do great. I like her folky style - much less generic that the rest of them and I hope she makes it through this week and does better next week.

Eva and Alisha were good but not to my taste.

This season is so underwhelming compared to the last 2 with Jacob, Suzi, Kalan, and Melissa.

I caught most of the ladies, and agree with the majority here that there were way to many ballads. I wanted to see some spunk and spark....maybe next week!

After reading the comments I wish I had caught the guys singing last night!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Good job by the women last night. I agree with Zack, this is the deepest talent pool they've ever had. I hated Nancy Silverman in the preliminaries, but I loved her last night. I also dug Sarah Loverock (Great name -- it's like a Flintstones character!) and Ashley Coulter. But like the men, no one really sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan View Post
    This season is so underwhelming compared to the last 2 with Jacob, Suzi, Kalan, and Melissa.
    I totally disagree about last year. I gave up and stopped watching I wasn't really keen on anyone last year (Rex was interesting but he was off key too much even for me). Season two is the competition for best season. This one is looking to be better than last year (I'm not as bored by anyone) but I haven't seen too many that really make me want to continue to watch (watching TV is hard for me and I'm dying to watch RockStar so that's way too many hours for me).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan View Post
    are you kidding me? last season was a complete utter mess.

i just hope the CI people rig the show so that the right 10 make it to the top 10
    Last edited by jacobson00; 06-28-2006 at 04:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345