Saint-Jerome, QC

Hometown: Saint-Jérôme, QC
    Audition City: Montréal, QC
    Place of Birth: Rouyn-Noranda, QC
    Nickname: "Val"
    Sounds Like: Kelly Clarkson
    Identifies With: Céline Dion
    Favourite Song: Beautiful Disaster
    Motto: "You can't be afraid to work because there ain't no mountain you can't climb."

"Canadian Idol is the greatest way for a hopeful to pursue his or her dream. It taught me to accept myself and love myself as I am."

Valérie Jalbert is proud to finally be working in the field that she really loves, teaching singing. "I have put so much work into singing and music, I'm happy that someone has finally noticed and appreciates it," she says. Her mom has been the biggest inspiration in her life, always teaching her to do what she loves and to never give up on her dreams.

A Top 32 competitor on Canadian Idol in 2004, Valérie wants viewers to know that she has worked hard to improve her singing since her last appearance. "I want to prove to Canada that I am different this time," she says. "Getting up on stage everyday is what I really love to do."

A tourism student at Montmorency College, Valérie enjoys writing music and has an interest in cars and hockey. She takes pleasure in playing on her laptop and watching her favourite show, The Family Guy. She admits that the song "Daughter" by Pearl Jam touches her the most and would love to one day perform it on stage in front of the camera.

Valérie would love to meet Stevie Wonder but if she could follow someone's career path, it would be Céline Dion. "I don't want to sound too cliché but I would love to follow in her footsteps," she says. "To work with great musicians, perform around the world, and to be admired by so many fans would be unbelievable."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    So she she made the top 32 on CI2? That's cool that she's getting a second chance. Anyone remember what she performed that year and what were the judges comments? I don't remember her at all, CI2 was so long ago.

One Alligator at a Time fantastic6's Avatar
    she sang open arms and got mediocre comments
    Thank you so much [B]Francis for the avatars, and i promise i will use them on this forum, every single on of them! Amazing work

valerie is okay but not amazing to me

Valerie has a better voice than a couple of the other girls. I don't think she is the judges fav. though. She should be safe as well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I didn't watch last night but how can Valerie be safe? I thought she was already eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread