Audition City: Ottawa, ON
    Place of Birth: Longueuil, QC
    Nickname: "Stef" or "Dee"
    Identifies With: Sara Ramirez
    Musical Style: "Something New."
    Canadian Idol: Michael Bublé
    Favourite Song: Foxy Lady
    Motto: "Give it your all or don't do it at all!"

"I want viewers to know that performing is my ultimate goal and craft. When I am on stage, and I quote from one of Anton Chekhov'e great plays: 'I take pleasure in my performance. I delight in it. I am in a state of intoxication when I'm up there.' I wouldn't exchange that feeling for anything else in the world."

Steffi D credits life as her inspiration. "Everything inspires me whether it's big or small, human or not," she says. Her parents are extremely proud of her accomplishments and are there to help and support her every step of the way. Surprisingly to Steffi, her brother, who could not believe his little sister was going to be on television, is the most proud.

Currently a student at Ecole secondaire de la Salle, Steffi's favourite subjects are drama and English. She loves to read plays and novels, especially Shakespeare, and her favourite book is The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh. Viewers would be surprised to learn that Steffi played Jean Valjean in her high school production of Les Miserables.

Steffi says she would love to meet Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland "because of their charisma and personalities."

The song that touches her the most is "Say it Somehow," a heartwarming duet from the musical The Light in the Piazza. "It affects me because it speaks of the complexity of expressing love with words," Steffi says. "The end of the song is particularly touching because of the use of simple sung vowels to describe a strong feeling between two characters."

The song that best describes Steffi is "I'm a Brass Band" from Sweet Charity. However, she would pay anything to see Franz Ferdinand in concert. Steffi can be found eating her favourite food, Thai, while watching The Family Guy on television. She also likes to spend her spare time creating hair accessories.

When asked about her interest in sports, Steffi says, "Let me give you a visual, I run like a girl. I think I'll stick to music."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Steffi is cute as a button. But I thought she wasn't going to pass into the top 22. I think she just made it. I'm not sure if she has all that she will need to get really far. Like the support of all the judges.

Steffi says she would love to meet Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland "because of their charisma and personalities."
    Considering they are both dead, she may have to wait a while. Which would be good since she's so young.

I think Steffi did a MUCH better job last night. It showed she can sing different tunes than what she showed so far. Not my fav. girl, but a cutie.

luv her.

Love her too. I hope she stays in. I started calling in to vote very late and didn't get any votes in (busy every time). Did anyone get votes in?
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

She's the only reason I am still watching the show this year! I hope she goes all the way.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    She's the only reason I am still watching the show this year! I hope she goes all the way.

Could be the same for me after watching the show on Monday and Tuesday. These people better pick up the pace and start showing some of what the judges saw in them at the begining

Steffi D. is my fave...Like I said before she is Jacob H. and Jenny G strange and talented. She will make the show interesting enough to continue watching. I hope she stays around for quite a while although right at this moment, I don't think she has what it takes to win. Let me hope that I am wrong about that.

Steffi annoys me. She has the worst posture, she tends to hunch her back and squish her head into her shoulders.

Nelly was right about the bow. I just want to rip the bow off her head and stretch out her spine.

I have a theory. I think the judges want to see how much influence they have over Canadian Idol viewers so they found the most irritating person alive and are trying to see if they can make her idol.

It's the only explanation for the positive comments they keep coming up with week after week. I want to stop watching but it's like a car crash, I can't turn away.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket View Post
    I have a theory. I think the judges want to see how much influence they have over Canadian Idol viewers so they found the most irritating person alive and are trying to see if they can make her idol.

It's the only explanation for the positive comments they keep coming up with week after week. I want to stop watching but it's like a car crash, I can't turn away.
    The judges have been giving positive remarks to just about everyone so I don't think you are right in implying that Steffi is being primed to be idol. They do , however, recognize that she has a talent which will take her far in the entertainment world though it probably won't be as a "pop" star.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast