+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steffi D

Quote Originally Posted by guide54 View Post
    The judges have been giving positive remarks to just about everyone so I don't think you are right in implying that Steffi is being primed to be idol. They do , however, recognize that she has a talent which will take her far in the entertainment world though it probably won't be as a "pop" star.
    Maybe not, but I just have trouble believing that I'm the only person out there that finds her insanely irritating. She's not untalented, in fact she's a pretty good singer, but her posture, her outfits, the bow, her over-the-top emoting make her seem like a cross between Celine Dion and Minnie Mouse. It's horrible.

FORT Fanatic
    Wow. You're being a little harsh. She's not my favourite by a long shot, but I can see why some people think she's cute and perky and fun to watch. As I said in another thread, I don't think she can win this because unless you liked her style from the start, I don't think she'll win too many more people over to vote for her. But she's certainly talented in her own quirky way.

I do not like Steffi. I have never liked Steffi. I don't mean personally. Just as the top Canadian Idol. If she wins, we are in trouble.

Yes, she's cute. Yes she has her own style. But she is NOT the best vocalist by far. She is trained for musical theatre. And she is very good at being a "character" on stage and performing up to musical theatre standards. But IMO a Canadian Idol has to be much more than that.

I wish she would have been voted out already. Sorry.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket View Post
    I have a theory. I think the judges want to see how much influence they have over Canadian Idol viewers so they found the most irritating person alive and are trying to see if they can make her idol.
    Too funny - I had the same thought..

She reminds me of a young Edith Prickley (Andrea Martin) doing a number on Second City.
    Last edited by Masai & Pygmie; 08-17-2006 at 06:50 AM.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

I wasn't surprised that Steffi chose the song she did. She could do something "showy" with it. It didn't work for me. I figure she'd have trouble with country and you really need a good voice to sing country. That song had more talking than singing in it, IMO.

I'll be happy if she goes home tomorrow. No surprises there.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Masai, that's hilarious.

I'm really glad she's gone, I don't really have a favourite at this point but at least I can relax and watch the show without that nails on the chalkboard feeling every time she's on the stage.

FORT Fanatic
    Well, I'll speak out as one who is very sorry that she is gone. The others give me nothing to look forward to.

I was kind of sorry to see her go, but her performance was really not that good, at least IMO. The song also isn't the same if you've heard the Jessica Simpson version and seen the video for it.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12