Audition City: Edmonton, AB
    Place of Birth: Peace River, AB
    Nickname: "Bingo"
    Musical Style: "Sublime meets Elvis."
    Identifies With: Beck
    Canadian Idol: "My mother."
    Favourite Song: Imagine
    Motto: "What's expected tends to be realized."

"My family couldn't be happier for me at how far I have made it in this competition. I think that they are a little worried that they might see a lot less of me in the future."

Metis Mutt was recently published in an anthology of plays, has won two awards and has toured throughout Canada and New Zealand. It is also the first autobiographical accomplishment by Top 22 competitor Sheldon Elter. "The best day of my life was when my play premiered at the Roxy Theatre in Edmonton," says Sheldon.

A Theatre Arts graduate of Grant MacEwan College, Sheldon says that his mom has been the greatest inspiration in my life. "She had the courage and the strength to raise two rowdy boys on her own," she says.

Sheldon also gathers inspiration from Bruce Lee. "[Lee's] goal was to learn all forms of fighting and movement in order to ultimately become formless," Sheldon says. "I don't ever want to be limited in my abilities as a musician because I wanted to be true to one form or style."

Songs that best describe Sheldon are "Hard to Handle" by the Black Crowes, "Crazy Fool" by Sublime and "Sexy Mother*****" by Prince. One of Sheldon's favourite books is Me Funny by Drew Hayden Taylor.

"It's a book about aboriginal humour that hits way too close to home," he says. Sheldon loves bannock, Enter the Dragon and his toothbrush and he is also a huge fan of his hometown Edmonton Oilers.

Sheldon says he has bonded with fellow competitor Rob James, "because he is a 'half-breed' too," he says jokingly. "We have plans to write Half-Breed: The Musical."

Sheldon wishes he could see Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden in concert but he says "I have to see George Clinton come out of the mother ship just one more time."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I liked Sheldon the first time I saw him. He's from my hometown, albeit, but also native which I really am glad to see in the competition. He sounds like he has a good sense of humor, has worked hard to achieve his talets and I think he'll be a bit of a dark horse or sleeper for the first few shows. I think he's one to watch. I hope I'm not wrong.

he is from my home town!!!!

He has a slight impression of Jacky Chan

kim antmfan So, you survived Hockey too!

I really like Sheldon!!! What a beautiful smile. Love his spirit. I'm afraid he may be one of the first to go though. The judges were very negative. Sigh...
    Having just seen the girls I think this season is all out of whack. The males are unbelievably good, and almost all the females made me cringe...
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

I'd like to see Sheldon around but his song choices didn't impress the judges although the crowd seemed to like him. I don't know if it was enough to get the phone lines ringing for him. I think his talent was overshadowed by the others. Pity.

I'll jump on the bandwagon too. I liked Sheldon from day one also. I like the song he sang and he did a great job. I actually like hearing people sing different songs instead of the usual ones from Celine and Whitney, etc.
    The men blew the women away although there were a couple of the women who are good.

FORT Fanatic
    Sheldon really improved his performance this week. He did an excellent job on a song that perhaps he only chose because of popularity. His song choice last week was a little less main stream and this week's choice was more "in line " with the Idol mold. Am I making any sense?

I thought Sheldon's performance last night was excellent, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast