Audition City: Toronto, ON
    Place of Birth: Winnipeg, MB
    Nickname: "Kmac"
    Sounds Like: Jim Cuddy/John Mayer
    Identifies With: Paul McCartney
    Canadian Idol: Renée Lamoureux
    Favourite Song: Ms. Eliot
    Motto: "There are no ordinary moments."

"I would like to follow Paul McCartney's career path. He is an amazing songwriter, an extraordinary businessman and seems to be a very down-to-earth human being."

Jokingly, Keith describes the most challenging part of the Canadian Idol competition is "getting used to the Ford F150 headlight (with brights on) that they shine in my face as I sing," he says.

The English major from the University of Winnipeg is most proud of his band Easily Amused. Keith reveals his band is his biggest accomplishment and he is very proud of "performing, touring, booking, managing, recording, producing, and writing with my band over the past 10 years without a record label or management deal."

Keith performs in Easily Amused with Renée Lamoureux.

Harry Chapin is viewed by Keith as one of the most gifted songwriters and socially conscious people that have come into this world. Keith also gathers inspiration from his parents who are excited for him to be in the competition. "I think they are looking forward to a break from the loud music in their home," he says.

Ghostbusters, Napoleon Dynamite and The Price Is Right are some of Keith's favourite things to watch. He has two black cats named Buddy and Symba, enjoys playing hockey and says the team he cheers for most is "The Crescentwood Sabers." Keith's hobbies? "I'm a computer genius, a substitute teacher and have a turquoise belt in karate," he says with a smile.

What is Keith's advice to his fellow competitors? "Be smart, know what you want and don't be swayed by anything other than your heart."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From what I saw of this guy the other night I liked him. He's got a bit of a nerdy look but a great voice and stage presence.

This is all based on the little snippets of what we saw of him Tuesday night so I reserve the right to rescind my comments at a future date
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Me too. He had a good attitude, good sense of humour, seemed pretty relaxed and have a voice to back it up.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Does anyone else think Keith looks somewhat like Seth Green???

MMM. Not loving him. He's got talent, but something seems to be missing from the package for my likings. He seems a bit old for this bunch as well. Then again, Taylor Hicks is at least his age. And I luvs the Soul Man.

IdolCanadien: Who's Seth Green? Is he a singer or actor?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien View Post
    Does anyone else think Keith looks somewhat like Seth Green???
    That was my initial thought too.

Based on the little they've shown of him (they didn't show his final solo, if I recall), he's my early favourite.

misskitty, Seth Green is an actor best known for playing Dr. Evil's son Scott in the Austin Powers movies and for playing Oz, Willow's original werewolf boyfriend in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. He was also in the movie "Without A Paddle", the short-lived tv series "Greg The Bunny", and a guest-starring arc on "That '70s Show".

He has a very extensive listing on IMDB. http://imdb.com/name/nm0001293/

he is ok, i am not too crazy about his look,

Haha he's like the canadian Clay Aiken

Thanks RemusLupin! If I close my eyes, he does have a nice voice. But he's just not the visual package I need for an Idol. Seth or no Seth. Packaging is important!

Sorry.

FORT Fogey
    Packaging is important
    well Canadian idol hasn't really being looking for the total package. They were more into the vocal.
    Well i guess that explains why some of their contestants are forgotten after 3 months.

in the record business, the total package is important for survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast