Hometown: Goderich, ON
    Audition City: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
    Place of Birth: London, ON
    Nickname: None
    Identifies With: Neil Young/Tori Amos
    Canadian Idol: Sir Frederick Banting
    Favourite Song: Not Ready to Make Nice
    Motto: "Git-r-done."

"I want viewers to know that I believe in the power of art. I believe we should always be trying to improve and that art has the power to inspire us in that direction."

The biggest reason why Kati likes to sing is because she feels that music has the power to change the world. She also stresses how important it is to be yourself. "This comes first in life. Find a place where you fit being you and measure yourself only against yourself. Focus on your assets and try to improve your performance each time you set foot on a stage," she says.

Kati is extremely proud of the work she has done in the community. The former highland dancer has worked in a local women's community centre, worked with youth in various capacities and developed a project that will hopefully land a college/university in Huron County.

She has also been a sister to over 70 foster siblings since she was 12 and has sung at charity events since she was seven.

If Kati could meet one person it would be Shakespeare. "His words move me," she says. "Every word is poetic and artful. I have to research nearly every other word, so by the time I understand something, I can see it from so many different angles."

Kati has been quite attached to her mp3 player. Her favourite food is cheesecake and she enjoys watching the X-Files, The Simpsons and Scrubs. She loves cars "and things that go fast" and also like to bake. She is also a huge fan of her little brother's hockey team, the Huron-Perth Triple "A" Lakers.

What has gotten Kati this far in the competition? "I think it is my voice. I try hard to pay attention to the advice given to me by the judges and vocal coaches. I think that applying this advice has been helpful in my success as well."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I don't think Katie will be continuing much longer. The judges mentioned she's a bit folksy which I don't think is what they are looking for. Not that she isn't a bad singer, just not good enough for the top 10.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread