Audition City: Winnipeg, MB
    Place of Birth: Winnipeg, MB
    Nickname: "Koz" or "Van Wilder"
    Sounds Like: Steven Tyler/Chris Robinson
    Identifies With: U2
    Canadian Idol: "My mom."
    Favourite Song: Back in Black
    Motto: "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."

"This competition gives hope to a lot of unsigned performers out there. It's a chance at national exposure and a career in the music business. The great thing about it is that it doesn't cater towards just one genre; it appeals to all."

Jeremy Koz sees his band opening for Our Lady Peace and Danko Jones at Winnipeg's MTS Centre as the biggest accomplishment so far in his life. "The whole day was unbelievable," he says." To hear that roar coming at you from the crowd was one of the biggest rushes I've ever felt."

Jeremy, or "Koz" as he likes to be known, enjoys performing his original material and has been writing songs for three years. "Having someone else know the lyrics to your songs, it's just an amazing feeling." The most essential tool for writing his material is his tape recorder which never leaves his side.

Koz -- who advanced last year on Rock Star: INXS -- has been surprised by the Canadian Idol experience. "When you watch Canadian Idol it is all cover tunes and you sometimes don't see what all these people have to offer," he says. "I don't think I've ever met so many songwriters in one week and I love how we are all open to sharing our music with one another."

Taking on the role of fashion designer, Koz customizes his own jackets. He also works with a designer to convey his ideas for clothing. "You can't buy originality in a clothing store," he says.

Koz says sushi is his favourite food. He cheers for his hometown Winnipeg Blue Bombers and would love to attend an AC/DC concert. His favourite movie is Almost Famous and The Basketball Diaries is his favourite book.

Sitting outside in the country in a field somewhere feeling the heat of a summer morning is something that relaxes Jeremy. "There is no better relaxant than mother nature. Of course my tape recorder would have to be with me."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This guy is the Constantine Maroulis of CI. Except he can really sing and doesn't pout to the extreme.

The Peg has produced some great artists. It would be nice to see Koz advance over the next few weeks. He certainly stands out for me compared to a couple of others. He's got experience of singing, writing and I imagine his acting gives him some confidence the others may not yet have to perform in front of a large audience.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was surprised to see him go so quickly.
    He wasn't one of my favourites, but I thought he'd be popular with the public.
    I didn't see the whole show on Monday, but out of the auditions I did see I didn't think he was one of the two worst.
    I thought this was kind of a peculiar result.

I was surprised to see him go too so soon. IMHO I think that Labelle guy can go and same with the Doucette guy. they really stood out to me as the weakest out of the group of men.

+ Reply to Thread