Audition City: St. John's, NL
    Place of Birth: Carbonear, NL
    Nickname: "Craigee"
    Sounds Like: Nick Lachey
    Identifies With: Rex Goudie
    Canadian Idol: Jason Greeley
    Favourite Song: Open Arms
    Motto: "Suck it up."

"Canadian Idol expresses talent and gives dreams to people who deserve it. It taught me to be myself and I realized what I love to do the most."

Craig Sharpe becomes the second Canadian Idol semi-finalist from Upper Island Cove, NL, following in the footsteps of 2004 Top 10 competitor Jason Greeley. The young Newfoundlander finds his inspiration for music from his parents. "They are so happy and they have been there every step of the way," he says.

If he could meet one person, Craig says it would be Selena Quintanilla Perez. "She put a lot of work into what she loved and she didn't get to express her talent." When asked what song Craig is touched by the most he replies "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, because it reminds me of my music teacher Heather Macdonald who died at the young age of 28."

Currently a Grade 11 student at Ascension Collegiate where he excels in music and geography, Craig manages to find time to enjoy playing basketball, volleyball and badminton. Craig also likes to hang out with his cat, Brandy, and his dog Shadow. His favourite foods are pizza, chicken and chips and his two favourite TV shows are House and The Simpsons.

What does Craig think it will take to be the next Canadian Idol? "It will take hard work and dedication. I am competing against a lot of great singers from across Canada. I can't be anyone else but myself."

The song title that best describes Craig? Broken Road by Rascal Flatts, he says.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    he sounds like a girl. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    he sounds like a girl. sorry
    I agree.

I also agree. I only heard him singing in the recap thing at the end (I didn't watch the whole show), and he sounds so much like a woman when he sings...
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I disagree. He has a higher pitched voice than most the others. But he doesn't sound like a girl. And if he does, well then, a whole lot of other male crooners sound that way too!

If his voice was going to change, it probably has already. Either that or he's in for a big surprise in a few years! He's probably too young to win the thing, but I hope he goes on for awhile. I think he has talent!

I'm not sure if I like the high pitched voice or not. He's good though - very mature for his age. I hated Daryl last year but I think Craig has potential.

I think he did well again last night. Still good enough to remain in the game. Too young to win, but I think we'll see more of him later. He is different which I prefer than having 10 guys all sound the same.

Yes, he sounds like a chick, but he has a beautiful voice.

FORT Fogey
    i am not saying he doesn't have a nice voice. it's just the voice in a male body. it's just weird.

My wife and I are sitting here watching the 7/31 show on tape, & my wife just questioned wether or not Craig was a woman in boys clothing...

and thats when it hit me where I thought I knew Craig from....

Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry!

I mean c'mon! C'mon people! Canadian Idol? We'll be invaded by December if this "Pat" takes the reigns....

Editor's Note: Post for comedic value, please don't be miffed!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast